scale: a.m. or p.m.

larisadixon
larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
When does everyone weigh, the morning or at night? And why?

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Right away in the morning, when your stomach is empty is when you will get a true weigh in.
  • The morning, because I haven't eaten or had anything to drink yet.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    morning, cos that's when i'm in the bathroom with no clothes on.
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    AM, first thing, before any food or fluids :)
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    A.M. for sure....and naked! Weight goes up as the day goes on, depending on what you ate/drank/how your body holds fluid/etc.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Morning... usually before I eat or right after I exercise. For me seems pretty accurate and I am not weighing myself later in the day/night when I've eaten and drank liquids...
  • First thing in the morning.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    AM is definately the best, however I weigh in around 5 or 6 pm on Thursdays, cause that is when my weight loss group meets.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    every saturday morning...right after Ive had a wee haha! that way there's nothing in the belly and the body is nice and light! well that just me...
  • I weigh in the AM too. :-))
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    in the morning, naked, after my first pee. I don't think it matters as long as it's consistent --- same day, same time each week
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    For the most accurate weight my trainer told me to weigh in the morning because all of us start retaining water as the day goes on. So have a "tlnkle"when you first get up then step on the scalr either nude or wearing the same pjs each time.

There is a lot of debate about how frequently to weigh. Some do it once a month, I cannot wait that long. Some do it every day, which I used to but found frustrating because weight fluctuates too much on a daily basis. So now I weigh in Monday and Friday. Monday sets me up for the week and I can see if I need to do damage control from the weekend. Friday I can evaluate progress and hopefully inspire myself to stay on track during thr weekend.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Morning, before I eat or drink anything and after I've gone to the bathroom. Can't do it naked though, I use my Wii Fit. So I make sure I'm always wearing the same outfit.
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    I weight myself at 5:45 am naked. That is when I get up for work AND when my bladder wakes me up on the weekends. I weight myself everyday now that I am seriously trying to lose weight. I make better choices on the food that I eat based on how it affects my weight.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    yeah butt nekid too!
  • Here's what I did during my first week. I weighed myself in the morning (before breakfast & shower) and before bed at night. After a week, I had a range and could determine my low day to ideally weigh on. There'd was an 8 lb difference from my highest and lowest weight that week, and strange as it may sound, my lowest was at night, not in the morning. Hope this helps.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Like everybody else here, in the morning, and I try to be naked. Usually on Friday or Saturday. I did just buy a measuring tape yesterday so now I'm hoping to see how many inches I lose, from what I hear the scale isn't always the best way to measure progress.
  • A.M AND NAKEY! =)
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Tuesday mornings at 8:00 AM. I picked the day and time pretty randomly, but I do make sure I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
This discussion has been closed.