Are you kidding me!!

Options
So there was this Ad on here im trying to get the photo i took of it up but it was a skinny woman and it was talking about lose 24 in 2 weeks. And it just ruined my weight loss day! Have any of you seen it?!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why would an ad ruin your weight loss? There's advertising everywhere. You don't have to react. The ads here are chosen by Google, and the revenue generated keeps the site free.

That being said, you can download adblockers for your internet browser. I use Firefox with AdBlock Plus. No ads here or on Facebook.
  • annadilynn
    Options
    I am thinkin the only way to lose that much weight that fast is major surgery!...:ohwell:
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    looking at the ad now!!! the size patch or zero patch or something like that!! dont let it bother you!
  • dmcg123
    dmcg123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Didn't see the ad you mentioned, but had to LOL when I saw the Pizza Hut ad promoting the Big Dipper pizza. Ironic, yes?
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well at least it's not the cupcake ad
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Just saw it... terrible ad to put on this site!!! Don't sweat it, it's not natural and NOBODY needs to lose that much that fast... just not healthy at all!!!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My Firefox browser blocks all those ads :)
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    There another one! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH theres a cupcake one? I thought this website wanted us to be healthy not anorexic or take drugs whoa
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I don`t know the official ad policy of MFP but most sites that offer themselves to Google allow for ads to be targeted to individuals or sites based on what their keystrokes are.
    The content of those ads are not the directly sold by the website...in other words in exchange for advertising revenue which keeps MFP free to the public editorial content is relinquished.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    it's at the top of the screen right now!!!!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of crap ads up here, but by tolerating that garbage, we get to use MFP for FREE! Totally worth it in my book! Think of them as spam and ignore them!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of crap ads up here, but by tolerating that garbage, we get to use MFP for FREE! Totally worth it in my book! Think of them as spam and ignore them!

BINGO...it is Google adsense or something like that and you just have to ignore it.
    A couple of years ago there were some ads about a medical center in Texas (if I remember right) that not everyone got.
    They were a drop down type that would take up half the screen...now that was annoying because if you closed it everytime the cursor got close it would drop down again.

After enough complaints it did go away finally.
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Its ads by google i use bing its better
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so good at visually tuning out the ads that I can't tell you the last time I actually saw one that consciously registered.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I've gotten so good at visually tuning out the ads that I can't tell you the last time I actually saw one that consciously registered.

I do the same thing. Ignoring them is the best policy.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There another one! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH theres a cupcake one? I thought this website wanted us to be healthy not anorexic or take drugs whoa

The blue cupcake is EVIL. Little chocolate sprinkles...mmmm
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yeah, for me they always show a cupcake or sushi for the "Groupon" ad....not cool! haha
  • chyleki
    Options
    Don't you think it is funny though when you see the ads for the diet pills and are able to pause the commercial to read the fine print at the very bottom? It usually states average weight loss is 3lbs in 8 weeks if you take this pill....but if you just diet and workout you could probably lose more. I use to think there was a magic pill and after A LOT of wasted $$ I finally understand that LOL