is it ok...

Options
to have a bad day or two where you dont have all your calories, for whatever reasons?
I mean how long does it take to go into 'starvation mode'?
Should i eat back the calories i didnt have on those days? or just forget about them and continue on my path?

Replies

• monkeyhead1975
    Options
    Continue on your path......and try to get closer to your goals in the future. You don't want to eat back calories, because that will put you over the day you do. Just like if you over do it a day, don't stress. Start back the next day. Consistency is key!!
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER worried about "starvation mode" - it's not like it goes on for days and days at a time. I actually try to have calories left at the end of the day if at all possible. Do what feels right for you-there are a lot of very opinionated people on here when it comes to that but your body will tell you what it needs:)
  • safetypins
    Options
    I have NEVER worried about "starvation mode" - it's not like it goes on for days and days at a time. I actually try to have calories left at the end of the day if at all possible. Do what feels right for you-there are a lot of very opinionated people on here when it comes to that but your body will tell you what it needs:)

Yup. Uh huh. This.
  • dthompson17
    Options
    I don't think I am worrying about "starvation mode" either. Usually by the time I have exercised, I have earned so many calories. I eat until I am full and I usually never want those extra ones. I am not just going to eat to consume my calories when I am full and happy. It may be wrong and I may never lose weight, but I know I am eating healthier and exercising and that is something that I was not doing before. Good Luck and keep working hard.
  • NeverTry
    NeverTry Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Thank you all.
    Ahhh.. Common sense.

I read a lot of stuff on here, I think I am just thinking about it all too much.
    Like im going to fall off some kind of 'healthy' cliff into dreaded 'starvation move', and it will all be for nothing. hahaha..

Just needed a little reassurance :)
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    the only problem you'll have with going for long periods of time w/o foods (where you start to get REALLY hungry) is that your body goes into starvation mode & starts keeping all your calories b/c it doesn't know when you'll get another meal. my trainer says to eat 3-4 hrs after a major meal & 2 hrs after a snack.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I always try to be under my calories. Half the time I'm just not hungry anymore from being so careful what I eat . If I do want something then I eat it. I figure its my body telling me it needs something. I would worry to much about it either!!