Weekly Calorie Burn Challenge

Options
I've decided to set my calorie burn goal for this week (Mon-Sun) at 4,000. So, I start tomorrow, and aim to burn at least 4,000 calories throughout the week.

I'm curious to see if some of you might join me? Feel free to set your own calorie burn goal if 4,000 doesn't suit you.

We can keep track of our progress here on this thread, while encouraging and motivating one another to stick to our goals. Who's in?

Replies

• stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great goal. I will join you. I actually started today. Good luck.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Great goal. I will join you. I actually started today. Good luck.

Hey, welcome to MyFitnessPal! Thanks for joining me in this challenge. Best wishes! :)
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I will join you and i too will start tomorrow.
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in it for 3,000 calories!
  • biztrav3
    Options
    I'm in! 4000 sounds like a good number for me as well. Nothing like a good challenge. Good luck and look forward to the updates.
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm in! I've been averaging around 3500 so ill go 4000 also!
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I will do it with you. It will keep me accountable for exercising. Mine will be 2000 or more. I go to school so sometimes it's hard for me sometimes to get more. So I'm definitely in.

Christie

Burned 467 today.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    managed to do over 3500 last week! I will do my best to meet this goal! thank ytou for posting the challenge!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Welcome everyone and thank you for joining me!! I'm excited to get this challenge underway. Remember to stop back each day (or as often as you are able), and update the group on your progress! :)
  • Madsin
    Madsin Posts: 17
    Options
    I want in. This week was the first one for me that I reached 4000. I feel great. I usually average 2500-3000. So this will give me a little push.. Good Luck all...Lets do It !
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Welcome!

What type of exercise/workouts do you all enjoy doing? I like (and need!) a wide variety. Running is my main thing (training for a half marathon in September), but I also enjoy kickboxing, bellydancing, general dance, Wii Fit activities, yoga, and Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I just got her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism workout DVD and am excited to give it a try, too. :)
  • Deloge
    Deloge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds like fun, I'll join too :) good luck to everyone!
  • Madsin
    Options
    When you work out that much do you make sure to eat back your calories along with your alotted 1200 to start? I just feel like I'm doing so bad when I eat 1800-2000 calories in a day now
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    When you work out that much do you make sure to eat back your calories along with your alotted 1200 to start? I just feel like I'm doing so bad when I eat 1800-2000 calories in a day now

I do generally eat the majority of them back. Our bodies need the added fuel when we're working out that hard. :)
  • Madsin
    Options
    I just got the Wii game The Biggest Loser Challenge and so far I like the variety it is giving me. I usually just do the elliptical and some free weights. So I am hoping that adding to my workouts and increasing the variety I can get off the Plateau I'm stuck on for the past month.

Thanks again for the Challenge posted....

Thanks for the calorie advice
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Great! I love Wii games. Michael Jackson: The Experience has been a great dance game for me. Good luck getting past your plateau! Mixing things up a bit definitely can and will help. Best wishes!! :)
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, I'm in! This is my first challenge, so I'm going easy on myself -- I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. My goal is set to 1500 - 2000, which will be pretty tough. :wink:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge, and good luck!!

Monday morning: 359 calories burned doing Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Weekly total so far: 359 / 4000
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I just took those 19 flights (approx. 300 stairs) to get back to the office after a quick trip to the bank: 59 calories burned.

Weekly total so far: 418 / 4000

I hope all of you are starting your week off on the right foot, too. Happy Valentine's Day!! :)
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This morning I did a little treadmil followed by a Power Pump class (60 min.) That burned a little over 500 calories. Then my husband came home early and took me to Olive Garden for lunch...and well, I got the lasagna! So yummy! Looks like I need a little more exercise today to stay under my net calories for the day! On the bright side...good thing I did the class this morning! :tongue: