Great Snack that has it all

Options
Hey guys, just thought I would share this after seeing people posting that they struggle to eat 1200 calories a day. This is a delicious and nutritious snack that I concocted.

2 Salt Free Quaker Rice Cakes
1 TBLS Almond Butter (Natural)
1 Banana

Put the almond butter on the rice cake then slice the banana however you like and put it on top. Good Potassium, Good Protein, Good Fiber, Low carb, Low sodium, Decent Cals.

Cals 365
Carbs 47
Fat 18 (Good Fat)
Protein 10
Sodium 76
Fiber 7
Potassium 422

Replies

• sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!!!! i may do it with pb since i have yet to try almond butter:)
  • midmomike2
    Options
    sounds good! gotta give it a try! thanks!
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! People have trouble eating 1200 calories per day?! Can you concoct a snack that has negative calories for those of us that have a problem going over their 1380 calories per day?! :wink:
  • pkizzle7
    Options
    Sounds yummy! People have trouble eating 1200 calories per day?! Can you concoct a snack that has negative calories for those of us that have a problem going over their 1380 calories per day?! :wink:

Haha, Eat four bushels of celery a day, you will burn more calories chewing since celery is 0 calories!!! So that is kinda negative....
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    sounds delish!!!! i may do it with pb since i have yet to try almond butter:)

Just tried almond butter for the first time recently and it is every bit as good as peanut butter. I love it! Any of y'all who haven't tried it yet, I STRONGLY suggest doing so.
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    I discovered an insane love for almond butter last week when I found it on sale at Kroger for almost half off. It is SO GOOD. Half the jar is already gone! I put it on whole wheat toast with banana on top, throw a tablespoon into my protein shakes, and just slather it on a single slice of bread when I need a filling snack. It's worth every calorie!
  • pkizzle7
    Options
    I discovered an insane love for almond butter last week when I found it on sale at Kroger for almost half off. It is SO GOOD. Half the jar is already gone! I put it on whole wheat toast with banana on top, throw a tablespoon into my protein shakes, and just slather it on a single slice of bread when I need a filling snack. It's worth every calorie!

Like!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I do it with a chocolate rice cake, peanut butter and a banana
  • pkizzle7
    Options
    I do it with a chocolate rice cake, peanut butter and a banana

I wouldn't be opposed to that either!!!
  • sunflowerlily
    Options
    All the different ways sounds yummy!! I have to agree Almond butter is YUMMMMMMY!!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I recently tried cashew butter and I still have some left. I'll have to try this, thanks!