Anyone here have gauged ears?

Options
mrslondon
mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
So I have my ears gauged. I have done it slowly and properly, and last night I wanted to do my final stretch from a 4 gauge to a 2 gauge. So for this stretch, i used glass plugs with a stainless steel taper like always to do the stretch. The stretch itself wasn't too bad but I had some trouble getting the plug in, I don't know if they were not exactly a 2 gauge so I put in the zero gauge taper I have not all the way, but to stretch it a bit more to help getting the plug in. They only bled a little but they hurt like hell once I got the plugs in. I could barely sleep through the pain, I had to take tylenol PM to help me go to sleep. This morning they almost hurt just as bad again, and have done all day. Is this because they are glass when I usually use stainless steel ones or just because its a slightly bigger stretch than all the smaller ones I have done in the past? I just want the burning sensation to go away and it has taken such a long time to get to this size that I don't want to have to take them out, go back down to a 4 gauge and try again some other time. Maybe I didn't let them heal for long enough before I stretched again?

Replies

• holly0623
    Options
    The exact same thing happend to me! I was at a four going to 2 and I used a taper also. I felt soo much pain! They bled, and i ended up taking them out cause I was afraid I tore my earlobe and wanted to let them heal. Now they are back to normal size :(
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go back down to the 4 gauge. I was up to a 0 and trying the same thing with 00's and it hurt too badly to keep them in. Remember, pain is your body's way of telling you that something is WRONG.

What I do to help my ears prepare for the next stretch, is I pull on my lobes while I'm wearing my tapers. I just pull and twist them and that really helps and it keeps them from looking gross/over-stretched or wrinkly.

Good luck with moving up. =]
  • ninakretina
    Options
    I actually have 7/16" gauge, the first time I stretched them I went from 16" to 2" at once and it hurted and felt the burning for about 4-5 days. Eventually I stretched gradually until the actual gauge and it hurted pretty much the same, so I would say that's they way they'll hurt no matter the stretch size. I'd say to keep them for a week to see if the pain goes away, if it doesn't you may take them off and give them a try later... :)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So I have my ears gauged. I have done it slowly and properly, and last night I wanted to do my final stretch from a 4 gauge to a 2 gauge. So for this stretch, i used glass plugs with a stainless steel taper like always to do the stretch. The stretch itself wasn't too bad but I had some trouble getting the plug in, I don't know if they were not exactly a 2 gauge so I put in the zero gauge taper I have not all the way, but to stretch it a bit more to help getting the plug in. They only bled a little but they hurt like hell once I got the plugs in. I could barely sleep through the pain, I had to take tylenol PM to help me go to sleep. This morning they almost hurt just as bad again, and have done all day. Is this because they are glass when I usually use stainless steel ones or just because its a slightly bigger stretch than all the smaller ones I have done in the past? I just want the burning sensation to go away and it has taken such a long time to get to this size that I don't want to have to take them out, go back down to a 4 gauge and try again some other time. Maybe I didn't let them heal for long enough before I stretched again?

I have stretched (not gauged) ears, at 3/4". The pain is probably because (if I'm reading this correctly) you tried to stretch further than 1 size. Since going from 2g to 0g is actually 2 millimeters instead of 1mm like all of your previous stretches, you likely went further than that since you used the 0g taper. If it still hurts, take the plugs out and downsize back to 4g. After a month or two, attempt restretching back up.

How long are you waiting between each stretch, btw?
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 14 gauge to a 2 gauge over 4 months. I wont stretch until im sure my ears are healed enough to take the stretch. I think for now, I will leave these 2 gauge's in, and if they still hurt after a few days, ill go back down to a 4 gauge. I think you are right though, they probably still hurt alot since I went from a 4 gauge to a zero gauge (only half way)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 14 gauge to a 2 gauge over 4 months. I wont stretch until im sure my ears are healed enough to take the stretch. I think for now, I will leave these 2 gauge's in, and if they still hurt after a few days, ill go back down to a 4 gauge. I think you are right though, they probably still hurt alot since I went from a 4 gauge to a zero gauge (only half way)

4 months seems a bit fast, imo, but you know your body. A good resource for stretching is here: http://stretch.loredous.net/
    If you have any questions, just message me :)