Dealing with stress positively rather than ending up depress

Options
I have 6 children, and I am a wife. I have realized lately that when I get stressed out I get depressed and eat and sleep a lot. I need to do something different.

Replies

• sunflowerlily
    Options
    Try to monitor yourself and not let yourself get to "depressed". We all can tell the signs of when we are stressing out. It sounds like you need to add some YOU time into your life. I tell my clients to even start with 10 minutes a day (in the grand scheme of things that isnt a long time) and do something nice for yourself that you enjoy even if it means locking yourself in the bathroom with your favorite magazine. Its all about being proactive! Hope this helps!
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time college senior, have 2 jobs, am Team Leader for a organization, and am oh so familiar with stress! When I'm stressed, I work out. It's not easy to convince myself to work out or jog around campus, but after the endorphines kick in, I'm really proud of myself and it clears my head so I feel less overwhelmed. :)

Don't get discouraged, you CAN and WILL achieve your goals! Breathe in and out slowly and think positively. :)
  • earthy_lady
    Options
    First of all- you are a hardcore kickbutt kind of lady if you can handle 6 children (7 with the husband) everyday! The only advice I have for you is pamper yourself! Make the kids go outside an hour a day while you have a bubble bath. Declare a quiet hour where everyone must spend time reading or with headphones in so that you can get a little peace. Do something for yourself every day and don't feel guilty about it. If you haven't run those kids down with the car you're truly a saint among women. Good luck with everything!
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Your thoughts and ideas are very inspiring and helpful.