Exercise calories

Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I went cross country skiing with my husband today. It was fun.
I'm not really that athletic, but I enjoy getting outdoors.

Anyhow, MFP says I burned 800 extra calories. I did try to eat more food today knowing that I had a big workout. But I am not hungry enough at this point of the day to eat anymore. If my stomach isn't growling, is it okay to not eat all those extra calories? I'm really just thirsty, so I guess I keep drinking water.

Replies

• tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    are your net calories for the day below 1200?
  • ian191
    ian191 Posts: 29 Member
    Should be fine... To lose weight you need to burn more calories than you consume. MFP should show a little message towards the bottom of the list of food you have eaten if you have eaten way too little.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    I ate about 1820, and burned about 880, so my net calories are in the 940 range, but I'm not hungry.

I ate an extra cookie today and everything. To me, it seems like I ate a lot, because I normally try to stay between 15-1600.

It doesn't say that I'm eating too few calories.
  • katiezi
    katiezi Posts: 44 Member
    I usually just eat how I normally would have any other day. Rarely do I use up or even use my exercise calories. I figure it's good not to get use to eating more than normal and the added exercise is just healthy for my body to stay fit.
  • artgoddess
    artgoddess Posts: 25 Member
    One day won't hurt you. Don't make a habit of staying around 900 net.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Try a protein shake. Gives some extra calories and extra protein which is great after the extra exercise.
This discussion has been closed.