In need of support

Options
Quite honestly I am a bit ashamed of placing myself on a diet. I mean, I know it is a good thing to want to get healthy, but I feel like those closest to me just don't understand and would think it a bit ridiculous that I am officially dieting. It is important to me to be a good role model, and to FEEL good for a change, but it is very difficult to do when there is no one who understands to talk about it with. Any support that I can find will inevitably increase my chances of success. Please add me so that we can help each other.

Thanks to everyone!!
Shan

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    well you did not put yourself on a diet you are doing a life change for you not them. a belive a diet is something you do till you lose the weight and than go back to all the bad food that got you here. now you are learning how to live better.

friend me if you like i am on here alot if you are on facebook i have the same name there with a pic of a baby with cake all over him.

hope you get everything you need off this site and hope i can be some help along the way
  • alfroid2k
    Options
    Dont think of it as a diet. its more of a lifestyle change. its a tool to track what you eat and provide you the information to make better choices. You can still find and eat food that you like and that is healthy for you. you will FEEL good and so will the people around you. Its contagious! best of luck in your journey to a healthier life.
  • rachel122986
    Options
    I feel the same way. And I work with a small group of people and if they find out about my lifestyle change I know they be be far from supportive and make fun of me and make rude comments. Its unfortionate I know but it is true. So I keep it to myself my husband mom and best friend who live 1000 miles away. Its hard but I don't want to hear the negative things people tend to say

Good luck and feel free to add me.