New to MFP

Options
Hi My name is Cathy and I am new to MFP. I am glad to be here and hope to reach my goals with the help and support of other MFP members. I have been trying to lose weight for some time now an I quit smoking 7 weeks ago. I am pretty good with exercise but I am a big eater. I think I need to measure and weigh my portions for a while anyway . wish me luck! Maybe someday I will be a success story.

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. its awesome here and the people are so great. feel free to friend me. good luck and congrats on quitting smoking
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend...I was also a big eater...until I signed up for this site on January 27th! The food diary has been AMAZING! I can't believe how many times I have stopped myself from grabbing seconds or choosing unwisely at a restaurant just because I think, but ew, I don't want to enter this in my food diary! I've lost 9 pounds since then just because I have been careful with portion sizes and have been making wiser choices when it comes to snacks!
  • HungryTuna
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well!

So what kind of goals do you have? Mine are to lose 30-35lbs, and build endurance and strength. While they're not big goals, it's not so easy to attain! :)

This site's wonderful for motivation and support! Also, it helps keep me accountable with my food/exercise. I'm sure you're love it here!
    Check out recipes/fitness forums too for added support. :) Best of luck to you!
  • HungryTuna
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend...I was also a big eater...until I signed up for this site on January 27th! The food diary has been AMAZING! I can't believe how many times I have stopped myself from grabbing seconds or choosing unwisely at a restaurant just because I think, but ew, I don't want to enter this in my food diary! I've lost 9 pounds since then just because I have been careful with portion sizes and have been making wiser choices when it comes to snacks!

-WOW that's incredible! 9lbs?! Go you!
  • monro86
    monro86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's so great that you quit smoking! If you have the will power to do that, weight loss will be a cinch! I find planning your meals the day before to be a very effective way of not only keeping track of calories but also controlling urges to eat out at different places. Always eat breakfast! If you work at an office, try to find a healthy meal that you can eat a lot so that can be your lunch. I've tried a few calorie/exercise trackers and I enthusiastically vouch for My Fitness Pal and I've only been on here for a week. You can make entire recipes and they will figure out the calories for you. They also have a huge database for food. I'm sure there are tons of people with great tips, feel free to ask me any questions if you like. With dedication, you're definitely going to reach your goal. Good luck!