Would really appreciate some support!

Options
I am a single mom of 2 and I work full time. I weigh more today than I did when I delivered my 2nd daughter...I weigh more now than when I was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT! So depressing. SO SO SO depressing.

I am a very big stress eater. I love food. I would say it is def an addiction at this point. I know this is my hardest and biggest challenge. Oh and I hate working out :/

Just looking for some support. Some encouragement. Some kind words. Some advice. Thanks :)

Replies

• kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    You can do this =) I just want you to know that I read your post and support you!
  • SkinnyRachel
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!! I know that's not very original - but that's what I say to encourage my friends. I have decided I think that this whole battle (I have over 100 lbs to lose) is truly mind over matter. Just keep reminding yourself that you have control over the food, the food does not control you. Wow! I sound like a whole bunch of cliches, don't I ? Sorry - but they are true! You CAN do it!!!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend...being a mom is stressful enough (plus you are single).
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    i also hate working out. so i went out and got a heart rate mon. and love it. every day is new is you over ate tody try tomorrow. i took 3 weeks of practice eating trying to break some very bad eating. once i saw the lbs gone i was ready to kick it into high gear
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. It's the same for me. (no babies though) I'm a carb addict. Start by logging your calories everyday, You'll notice you eat less by just noticing what you're eating. Add exercise later.

Check out www.operationbeautiful.com It's pretty revolutionary in my opinion. I plan to start doing it tomorrow. : )

add me as a friend. I could use the support too! : )
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    kdao - what are you doing to lose weight?
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    First of all....welcome to the site. You will find this to be one big family...lots of love, lots of encouragement, lots of different kinds of advice. But most of all it is a great tool for your weight loss journey.

Secondly I want to say, I know how you feel. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life and I hate it. But the important thing is being here and working on it. Everyday you log into this site is one day closer to your goal.

Food addiction....I just stepped out of denial this week myself. I have always denied that I was addicted to food and made excuses for my eating habits. No more, those days are over. You are one step ahead by being able to say it. That is the first step to changing it!

Emotions can play a big part in the success of weight loss. We used to eat because of stress or other emotions, but changing that to exercising instead is a great way to get your work out time in and to not overeat. Finding a workout you enjoy is key. You will not stick with it if it is not enjoyable. That for me meant buying a Wii. It has been well worth the money because it is what finally got me moving.

Have a great week and best wishes to you in your new journey.
  • cheppy
    cheppy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    It may seem difficult at first but all it takes is small changes. You dont need to start by working out like crazy just maybe do walking for a few minutes a day and work up to doing some exercises like brisk walking in your own time. In regards to food addiction, I was in the same situation but I have been trying hard to only eat when hungry and stop not when I am bursting but when I am no longer hungry.
    All it takes is small changes and in time you will be amazed at how good you will feel when you can resist the urge to do something you know you shouldnt do
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You'll love this site. Everyone is very supportive and friendly and you'll find a ton of knowledgeable people. One thing though - if you want to get in shape, you are going to have to find some form of exercise that you don't hate. To get to your goals, you're going to have to get off your keister. Have faith though...you'll find something and you can do anything you set your mind to. Good luck!! Please let me know if I can help in any way.
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Wow....thank you all for your kind words!!
  • cheppy
    cheppy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Emotions can play a big part in the success of weight loss. We used to eat because of stress or other emotions, but changing that to exercising instead is a great way to get your work out time in and to not overeat. Finding a workout you enjoy is key. You will not stick with it if it is not enjoyable. That for me meant buying a Wii. It has been well worth the money because it is what finally got me moving.

This is very true. I tried to do some better exercise like cycling uphill but found that I gave up easily. I have always liked walking so that is the exercise of my choice. I now walk for an hour and a half everyday at a fast pace and this has yielded good results for me.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site. its so great and the people are so awesome. feel free to friend me. this place is great for tracking weight, food and exercise.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Good luck! We're all in this together, lol
  • Koda_bear
    Options
    Awww girlie :(

My friend is going through the same thing too! She just had her first baby and hasn't dropped any of the weight, Trying to convince her to sign up here (she's just started on another site today)
    I am also very depressed most of the time, I don't have any kids. I'm a waitress and business is SLOW. So much stress this time of year. Spent a lot of it crying.I also end up turning back to my old friend Captain Morgan more often than I should. I haven't told anyone on here yet that, but I am also trying to cut back on drinking. So I'm reaching out to you so that we can both overcome all this depression and get our life back on track. I have a big heart and I'm hoping that I can trust everyone here. So far it's been positive. But sometimes I'm a doormat. Sorry for blabbing, but I was hoping I could connect on some level with you. You sound as if you'd understand.Hope you feel better!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you ever want to vent about stress just message me. We all go through those down times. That's why all of us are here to pick you back up.:smile:
  • Hanzo44
    Hanzo44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    First off I'd like to congratulate you on taking control of your life and body. The first step is being honest with yourself about who you are. And just joining this site you have already done so much. Second, I want to mention that it's probably a life changing move that you are trying to make. Don't just be a calorie counter, be a healthy person. Be that one person among your friends that when they say "kngarber? she really cares about health and fitness, I want to be like her". Carpe diem Kngarber! Destroy your inner demons, and build up the person you know you have inside you!