Hot Yoga

MamboGyrl
MamboGyrl Posts: 16 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I started Bikram (Hot Yoga) two weeks ago & I've NEVER sweat so much in MY LIFE! Who else out there has experienced Hot Yoga? I'd love to hear your experience.

According to one website, you lose more than 10 calories a minute & I BELIEVE IT! I found The Yoga Pioneers in Bloomington, MN where they mimic the conditions in Calcutta, India with a 105 degree room. The first few times I thought I was going to puke... but now after about 10-12 sessions, my core is becoming stronger, and leaner. Now I haven't lost weight but I've certainly lost inches & don't have the spillage I had over my jeans :tongue:
My muscles are learning to relax (I was so tightly wound, some muscles didn't know HOW to relax). And the advantages are more than physical, my emotions are in check! In a real crazy situation last week, I had true composure (didn't have to fake it) I've rarely achieved in the past in similar conditions. This is WAY cheaper than seeing a therapist AND getting a work out too! Who can say they lose 600 calories talking to their therapist? :smile:

Replies

• I don't do Bikram, but I do hot power/flow yoga, and burn on average 600 calories for a 60 minute session in a 90 degree room. The heat is addictive, isn't it?
This discussion has been closed.