Workout lists....

Options
Because of my lifestyle, I have very little opportunity to work out, except for some minor workouts for about 20 min in my living room involving weights, jumping jacks, etc.

The list of workouts on MFP is impressive and informative. There is a slight oversight, and without trying to sound TOO crass, is there a proper way to include sex into the equation of sorts.

I've googled quite a bit, but i came up with nothing.

Replies

• serofex
    serofex Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was wondering this as well, haha....I was considering logging it as wrestling? Lmao.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    there are two common remarks when this question comes up (and it is on the boards often it seems)

the first is that the activity level for sex varies so greatly that it would be hard to generalize - so wear a heart rate montior to measure - or estimate the intensity level and time and program in that way

the other comment is that if you are having sex fairly regularly it is part of your activities of daily living and that you should not count the calories burned as they are part of your base metabolism
  • Rickv67
    Options
    I was wondering this as well, haha....I was considering logging it as wrestling? Lmao.

That does make a BIT of sense, I didn't think about it putting it in the wrestling category. Of course, how much sex time is equal to "wrestling" time? :)