When to weigh in??

Options
When do you weigh in?? and do you weigt yourself 1x a week or 2x a week? Currently my weigh in day is Thurs., however I am itching to get on the scales today to see if there was any difference in 3 days. Any thoughts??

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would keep it at once a week. The more you weigh yourself, the more you are going to drive yourself crazy trying to figure out every little fluctuation of your weight.

As for what time of day, I always do mornings, because that's when your weight is most consistent.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have my clients weigh in on Mon and Friday
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I weigh daily, but that works for me. I know my weight will be up and down. I would say weigh in at least once a week after a day of "rest" from exercise.
  • misschilard
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week... first thing Monday morning after a wee with only my underwear on :-)
    Try not to be tempted to weigh in between as your weight goes up and down day to day.
  • Wightvixen
    Options
    I weigh once a week, first thing in the morning, in the nude, before eating or drinking and after using the toilet.

The Wii Fit body test also weighs me several times a weeks, but as I do it at different times of day, with different clothes, either before or after eating, it fluctuates wildly and I take little account of it except as a rough guide.

The important thing is always to weigh yourself under the exact same conditions for an accurate result.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    When I was in weight loss mode, I ONLY weighed Monday mornings as soon as I had gotten up and gone to the bathroom, consistently. Now that I am in maintenance mode, I weigh more frequently to ensure that my weight does not creep up beyond a certain point.
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Once a wk or else it WILL control your day.
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week now, every Friday and I try to do it at the same time in the morning. My first time around I weighed more often and drove myself crazy even though I knew my weight would bounce up and down day to day. I eventually with (other life circumstances) just got down and stopped caring completely. I have had better success with once a week.