Not loosing weight :-(

Options
I think im doing everything right and im not loosing weight :-( any advice would be good :-) to keep me going :-)

Replies

• Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What is everything? The more detail the better. Are you burning more then you are eating? By how much?
    Maybe you are not eating enough? Maybe you need to change what you are eating. Give us some details
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi!

The only advice I an offer is to log EVERYTHING, track your sodium intake and don't be afraid to seek out support when you need it!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    What is everything? The more detail the better. Are you burning more then you are eating? By how much?
    Maybe you are not eating enough? Maybe you need to change what you are eating. Give us some details

Agreed, you did not give any thing to go on. Maybe make your diary public. If you exercise try switching it up. It is recommended to change your routine every 4-6 weeks to shock your system.
  • johncinarch
    Options
    It would be pointless to give you advice when we have no idea what you are eating, how many calories you are burning, sodium intake, etc. We need to view your food diary in order to help you or you need to give us more details about what you are doing???
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    How long have you been logging everything and being at your recommended calorie intake? Because of lots of reasons, it could take 3-4 weeks before your body adjusts and starts letting go of weight. Sodium intake could also effect weight loss - if you are eating lots of Lean Cuisines, ect you may be retaining water (trust me, I have nothing against Lean Cuisines, I know some do, but I think they are a good, quick meal).
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I just weighed in this morning and its says that I gained and I've been trying really hard. I just made my food diary public if anybody wants to check it out. Thanks!
  • tinagraystone
    Options
    not to bore anyone but please give all details of what you eat, how much exercise you do and im sure you will get plenty of advice x
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My scale just started to move the past few days! (I lost weight then it stalled for 3 months) The basic requirements are keep your calorie intake ABOVE your BMR. If you excercise...you need to eat most of those calories too. (look at your net calories) Eat healthy not crap calories. Drink your water and EXCERCISE!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Janae -- It looks like you have only been logging for about a week. You really need to give it a bit more time sometimes our bodies don't like change and refuse to act like a robot following the math formula. It looks like your sodium is likely on the high side which could be contributing (this is just water - so drink more water - I know it sounds counter intuitive, but trust me). Also, what are you doing for exercise? It looks like you are eating these calories back, so you need to make sure you are calculating these correctly.

Remember your calorie deficient is only set up for about 500 calories a day --- which is about a pound to two pound weight loss a week by the math if your body was a computer. Just little blips could effect a week (i.e. when it is right before TOM - my weight jumps 3-4 pounds for no reason).

Don't give up! Keep logging and give it a few weeks.
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Janae -- It looks like you have only been logging for about a week. You really need to give it a bit more time sometimes our bodies don't like change and refuse to act like a robot following the math formula. It looks like your sodium is likely on the high side which could be contributing (this is just water - so drink more water - I know it sounds counter intuitive, but trust me). Also, what are you doing for exercise? It looks like you are eating these calories back, so you need to make sure you are calculating these correctly.

Remember your calorie deficient is only set up for about 500 calories a day --- which is about a pound to two pound weight loss a week by the math if your body was a computer. Just little blips could effect a week (i.e. when it is right before TOM - my weight jumps 3-4 pounds for no reason).

Don't give up! Keep logging and give it a few weeks.

Thank you so much! I have been doing Jillian Michaels yoga since January (on and off I admit) and I just started the 30 day shred Saturday. I figured that I should stick it out a little longer, I think that's just me being anxious. I am definitley going to take this advice, thank you again!
  • SMITZA
    Options
    Morning everybody

Thanks for all your replies :happy: Iv been dieting since the begining of the new year but have only just found this site and good news I think it is working :happy: -2lbs @ 9.30am this morning :happy: HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY :happy:

4678882.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Stay the course it will happen. You vs your body!!! Just make your body join your team!

Fitness is a life of peaks and valleys