A Month of Success!!! (Looking back at my first month on MFP

Options
This morning was the last weigh in for me for month 1 of being on MFP, and I weighed in at 388.4. That's 5.6lbs less than last week, and 20.8 lbs. less than my MFP starting weight. Even more, it's 48.6 lbs less than my heaviest in September. I feel pretty amazing and happy about all of this! : ) That's for sure.

In looking over the last month there is not much that I would change besides consistency. Granted, I have been quite consistent, but I believe had I been 100% consistent that I would have lost a bit more last month...not that I am complaining. So, in month 2 I plan to really, really stick with it, and to have very few if any inconsistencies.

Last month I only reached my net calorie goal 13 of 31 times. Given my increased level of energy and general wellness as well as temperature, blood pressure, etc. I believe that's just fine. It's possible my net calories were set too high for what I actually need to do. So, in month 2 I will monitor closely for fatigue, just in case, but will continue eating about the same net cals. I hit my proten goal (15% of net calories) 21 times of 31 and this is ok with me. In month 2 I am going to try to hit it at least 25 times.

My carbohydrate, fat, and cholesterol intakes were good in month 1 and will remain at current targets in month 2. My sodium intake was erratic. I spiked over 4,000mg on the 17th, 25th, and 28th of January and again on 10 February. I had 7 other days in which my sodium intake was above my 2,500mg limit. I will focus more on sodium control in month 2. This may require eliminating Lean Cusine meals from my diet, and I really hope I don't have to do that. :( We'll see.

My fiber intake was erratic and I only reached my fiber goal 11 times of 31. This will change in month 2 as I will monitor fiber intake more closely. After all, fiber is one of the keys to unlocking fat loss. :)

My sugar intake was excellent!!! Nothing will change here in month 2. I never consumed more than 20g per day of refined/processed sugars, and the majority of my sugar intake was all natural. That was my goal. :)

My Vitamin and Mineral intake was spot on because of my One-A-Day Vitamin/Multimineral, Flax Oil and Vitamin C tablets. I will keep this up in Month 2, but likely increase my vitamin C intake by an additional 1,000 mg per day in hopes of not getting the flu.

Exercise: in the last 31 days I had 5 off days. This would have been fine had they not mostly been grouped together. My target in month 2 is to have 5 off days spread throughout the month.

Measurements: As of 15 seconds ago I have lost a total of 17.8'' from my body!!! Waist is down 4.7'', Hips down 5.6'', Thigh down 4.5'' (I only measure one side), and calf down 3'' (I only measure one side). That's pretty freaki' cool! :) I am ecstatic! I might actualyl be able to wear jeans again soon!!!

Well, I am off for now! Time to hit the treadmill! :)

Replies

• RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Way to go that is awesome:happy:
  • Cardinal
    Options
    Congratulations on the start of your journey. I'm sure you will have many more successful months ahead!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Well done hunny - ur doing fab!!! 5 days off of excercise is not bad at all!!! xxx
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    WTG!~ Keep up the good work!:happy:
  • countrylady2002
    Options
    Awesome! You can do this!
  • sldsld
    sldsld Posts: 13
    Options
    You should feel so proud of yourself !!!! :smile: Congrats!
  • mmoon29
    Options
    Way to go!! Thats awesome keep up the good work!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Great job Lauren!!! So happy for you and you did a great job keeping up with what took place in that month!! Taking it serious is half of the battle!! Best wishes!
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Very nice job. Congratulations!!!
  • S0LYMAR
    Options
    Fantastic job! I really like how you are monitoring your progress not just by weight loss but looking into improving your overall health and eating habits.
  • missyj1977
    Options
    You are doing awesome!!! Congrats on your changes thus far, keep up the great work!!! :)
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    You should feel very proud of yourself! Congratulations!!
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    What an awesome start!!! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Great job with a great start!!! Keep up the good work. You are on the road to success.

4714135.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!