NO change in scale..

Options
Please someone help me give me words of encouragment of something I am not losing weight, not a pound I lost 4 and that was it. I am working out alot more doing cardio and watching what I eat alot closer, and I drink more than my far share of water.. what am I doing wrong anything will help.. I have lost a few inches but that is it HELP...

Replies

• not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you share your diary it might help people give an opinion
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough. Try eating your exercise calories if you are not doing so already.
  • tiffanykeaton
    tiffanykeaton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My advice is to not get so caught up in the numbers game. i'm bad for it too! however, i did the same thing about a year ago..I ate right, used the elliptical often, drank lots of water and the number always stayed the same. I honestly could see a difference, though, when i looked in the mirror. my clothes were fitting better, and my legs were shaping up nicely. but since the numbers didn't move, i stopped the elliptical because i thought it wasn't doing any good...i wanted the numbers down! this time around, i'm trying to adjust my thinking instead. no one else can see my numbers, but they can see my body. so if i can see a difference, other people will too. the numbers will eventually catch up and muscle weighs more than fat..plus its more compact, which leads to me being smaller in size!

Positive thinking is a powerful thing!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    it really makes a difference as well as to where your calories are coming from. I see so many people here on MFP staying under the calorie range--but still hitting up the junk.
  • ghudnub
    Options
    Are you eating enough. Try eating your exercise calories if you are not doing so already.

I went through this phase. I kept intensifying my workouts as my fitness and drive improved. After a few weeks, I noticed that weight stopped coming off like it had been. I ate more and worked out for shorter periods and it produced the results. I read a lot of posts about the need to feed the body enough calories so that it will work properly. For once, the internet advice was correct.
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    My advice is to not get so caught up in the numbers game. i'm bad for it too! however, i did the same thing about a year ago..I ate right, used the elliptical often, drank lots of water and the number always stayed the same. I honestly could see a difference, though, when i looked in the mirror. my clothes were fitting better, and my legs were shaping up nicely. but since the numbers didn't move, i stopped the elliptical because i thought it wasn't doing any good...i wanted the numbers down! this time around, i'm trying to adjust my thinking instead. no one else can see my numbers, but they can see my body. so if i can see a difference, other people will too. the numbers will eventually catch up and muscle weighs more than fat..plus its more compact, which leads to me being smaller in size!

Positive thinking is a powerful thing!
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    More then likely you are losing but not on the scale. I don't use the scale I use the mirror and measuring tape and how my clothes fit because no matter how good your scale is it still counts water and muscle. I drink so much water(120oz/day) exercise 6 days a week and eat right and I have not changed on the scale in 4 weeks but I am starting to see my abs, shoulder muscles and thinner thighs. So just stay on track no matter what that scale says. Keep going.
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    Wow! I am so glad I read your post, it's exactly what's going on with me! I feel like I look so much better and I'm 2 sizes smaller but the scale isn't budging! But I'm still plugging along with my daily elliptical workout and even added strength training exercises. Now I feel better about it after reading the post here! I'm going to try and ignore the scale too..I love the fact that it was pointed out...NOONE else sees your numbers..they just see how great you look!
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds and was stuck there for almost 3 weeks. I upped my calories to between 1800 to 2000 a day with exercise and started back losing after about 4 days of this. I am now losing at a rate of about 0.2 pounds a day.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    no one else can see my numbers, but they can see my body. so if i can see a difference, other people will too.

Awesome perspective!!!