Its lose not loose

Options
lose weight

loose pants

Replies

• InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hah! yes it is. And it's "it's", not "its".
    :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Hahaha-- nice catch!!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • Harshberger24
    Options

NICE ONE!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Sorry i'm one of those people who has poor spellings & gets the wrong there & their etc
  • lbissett79
    lbissett79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are all quick to jump on me but you sit by while (other) grammatical ignorance goes unchecked. Oh the humanity....
  • Marla64
    Options
    Sorry i'm one of those people who has poor spellings & gets the wrong there & their etc

No sweat-- this isn't a grammar and spelling forum. I've seen complaints many times before like the one from the original poster, and they always tick me off because of the fear that people will be afraid to post because some yim-yam is there at the ready to make a fuss. Unless Noah Webster himself is a member here, everybody else needs to drop it.

Most of these types of posts are usually people just trying to get a rise out of others-- maybe not enough attention at home? Who knows-- don't sweat it.

My two cents.
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    This post is funny. We all get the point of what people are trying to say about there weight loss (or is is lose?)
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My grammar and spelling are pretty terrible, but I have to admit, the whole loose/lose thing really does bug me. I find it hard to stick through posts where it's used wrongly because i keep getting distracted!
  • lbissett79
    Options

No sweat-- this isn't a grammar and spelling forum. I've seen complaints many times before like the one from the original poster, and they always tick me off because of the fear that people will be afraid to post because some yim-yam is there at the ready to make a fuss. Unless Noah Webster himself is a member here, everybody else needs to drop it.

Most of these types of posts are usually people just trying to get a rise out of others-- maybe not enough attention at home? Who knows-- don't sweat it.

My two cents.

This post was and is still intended to educate. I have a problem with the rampant ignorance that this country has seen more and more of in my short lifetime. I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone I am simply trying to help. Attention is something we as humans all seek so to say that I am, is probably not too far off. I have not singled anyone out by posting this thread so there shouldn't be anyone afraid to post out of fear of correction. Now, it is a little hypocritical that you bash me for making a post that you claim is bashing others.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Oh, the English language... it's just that its grammar rules are so confusing! :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

My two cents.

This post was and is still intended to educate. I have a problem with the rampant ignorance that this country has seen more and more of in my short lifetime. I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone I am simply trying to help. Attention is something we as humans all seek so to say that I am, is probably not too far off. I have not singled anyone out by posting this thread so there shouldn't be anyone afraid to post out of fear of correction. Now, it is a little hypocritical that you bash me for making a post that you claim is bashing others.

A rather startling difference, however, would be that by opening a topic, you invite replies and opinions. I shared mine.

As you can see, I've been here a while-- seen a lot of posts, a lot of topics, a lot of people. Now and then somebody complains about grammar, attempting to "educate" others, blah, blah, blah-- you know, whatever. Generally some of those who reply find the original post/poster comical, and others find him/her to be a pompous *kitten*.
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    That is awesome! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lbissett79
    Options

My two cents.

A rather startling difference, however, would be that by opening a topic, you invite replies and opinions. I shared mine.

As you can see, I've been here a while-- seen a lot of posts, a lot of topics, a lot of people. Now and then somebody complains about grammar, attempting to "educate" others, blah, blah, blah-- you know, whatever. Generally some of those who reply find the original post/poster comical, and others find him/her to be a pompous *kitten*.

To you, I am now a Nazi and an *kitten*. You have belittled me back into my place. I will go back to being a person attempting to better my life through weight loss and lifestyle change. You win!
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ***LIKE*** This drives me crazy
  • Marla64
    Options

My two cents.

To you, I am now a Nazi and an *kitten*. You have belittled me back into my place. I will go back to being a person attempting to better my life through weight loss and lifestyle change. You win!

boxing.gif