Veggie Alfredo... rich, decadent, low cal?!?!?

Options
MOMvsFOOD
MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
Yeah, you read that right. Adding tons of veggies and halving the amount of pasta make this workable into a girls daily calorie budget. For the exact ingredients I used, a side serving was 240 calories, that I served up with a big oven baked catfish filet for an under 500 calorie dinner!

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/02/veggie-alfredo.html

Hope you enjoy!

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Oh, yum! Thanks -- my girls love alfredo, and I'd love to be able to give it to them without feeling guilty. =)
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You know, you should send some of your recipes in to Cooking Light. I have a friend who's had two recipes published by them!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    yo im so gonna try this!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    love alfredo so I'll definitely to check this out!!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Thanks Mandy Ill have to look into that!

It was very funny at dinner last night. My son polished off all the fish, and all the rotini, and then said "Mom I didnt want these vegetables you tried to sneak me". Im sure he couldnt avoid the chopped carrots and spinch though ;)
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to love your blog ....and your recipes...and having you as a friend! :)
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    I think I'm going to love your blog ....and your recipes...and having you as a friend! :)

Awwwww you too :flowerforyou:
  • parrtar
    parrtar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pasta with broccoli, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts:

While the 16 oz box of pasta is cooking, saute a mixture of the following items: about 6-8 chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, about 6-8 chopped pepperocini, about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 cup pine nuts. When that's all looking and smelling delicious, add about 2 large stalks of broccoli or whatever other veggies you want - broccoli rabe would work, cauliflower, etc. Add that to the cooked pasta. The combo of the pine nuts, sundried tomatoes and the pepperocini is really delicious!
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love new recipes...thanks
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    I love creamy cheese sauce ...mmmmmmmmmmmm :love:
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    This recipe makes my mouth water!
    I'm going to favorite your blog!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    This recipe makes my mouth water!
    I'm going to favorite your blog!

• Ida13
    Ida13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ha ha... catfish?!?!?! In the region of my hometown catfish grow up to 1.5 to 2 metres in length! I've never tasted it, but my mum loves it - dad hates it cause of the "mooing calf" sound they make.....
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Ha ha... catfish?!?!?! In the region of my hometown catfish grow up to 1.5 to 2 metres in length! I've never tasted it, but my mum loves it - dad hates it cause of the "mooing calf" sound they make.....

the live fish?
  • Ida13
    Ida13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when the really big ones are pulled out, they apparently make this sound in protest?!?

I'm making your recipe for dinner tonight! It sounds so delicious!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    Options
    Yeah, when the really big ones are pulled out, they apparently make this sound in protest?!?

I'm making your recipe for dinner tonight! It sounds so delicious!

Hahaha thats funny. Im not too familiar with catfish but since moving to the South a couple years ago I LOVE it!