Anyone Pescatarian?

Options
Hi, I told my sisters that I would give the pescatarian lifestyle a shot, but I"m not sure where to start. I could use advice and recipes that are filling but good for a diet. Any help at all will be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Replies

• MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    all fish?
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    vegitarian who eats fish:happy:
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Pescatarian is a great way to go for your health! Where I would suggest starting is cutting out the meats that you won't be eating. You might not want to go "all in" right off the bat. It would be a huge shock to your system not to eat red meat and poultry anymore if that is something you eat a lot of now. I would start by cutting out red meat this week and cutting out poultry a little later until you're eating mostly fish and other seafood and the rest vegetarian. :-)

I've become a vegetarian recently so I have a couple of tips I have learned along the way:
    - eat protein at every meal in some form or another (beans, nuts, whole grains, etc.) to make sure you're getting enough for the day. If you're going to be eating seafood, this won't be a problem, but there will probably be days you don't want to so it's good to remember.
    - Variety is the spice of life! Eat a lot of different fruits and veggies to get everything you need.
    - Prep foods in advance. Cooking whole grains, for instance, can take a long time. I use one day of the week (usually Sunday) for a "prep day". Then, the rest of the week I have a number of precooked grainsin my fridge. rWhatever I am feeling like that day, I make. I made barley risotto for dinner last night with roasted butternut squash and lemon. Mmmm! I also do this with veggies. I preslice my onions, peppers and so on to make them "recipe ready."

If you need any other help or just some support in making this sort of lifestyle change, feel free to add me as a friend! :-) Good luck!
  • camilles
    camilles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, I am not one...but I love the word!! it's a fab word! sorry, this isn't very helpful
    good luck though with your new eating xxxxxx
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Cammiles...I love the word to! Sounds so fancy!