Frustrated!

Options
I weighed in yesterday and to my surprise, I was down another 4 pounds after not really working out (besides walking) for over a week. So that brought my total weight loss so far (I've been at this for 5 weeks), to 19lbs. I don't feel like my clothes fit me any differently and definitely still cannot fit into the next size lower in jeans. What gives? Anyone else share this frustration?

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I noticed my clothes fitting better right around 20lbs, but couldn't get into a smaller size until 27lbs. Have you done any measurements to see if there's any loss there? Nineteen pounds in 5 weeks is amazing though! Keep at it.
  • kelfelbel
    Options
    No - I wish I had though! I think I skipped the measurement part at the beginning because I just didn't want to know what they were lol. The number on the scale alone was hard to wrap my head around. Thanks for the encouragement, and congrats on your accomplishments so far!
  • not2late
    not2late Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have found that there are at least four different ways of feeling good about adopting a healthy lifestyle.
    a) The numbers on the scales. If they read as they should, feel good!
    b) Fitting into that realistic size that you want to.
    c) Someone paying you a compliment on how good you look.
    d) That feel good feeling that you just get because you know you ar doing good

Any one of those should leave you feeling good. If you can get all of them, nirvana!
  • kelfelbel
    Options
    Very true! I need to keep a positive attitude, because I do feel great about the choices I make and am feeling a lot healthier as a whole. As long as the numbers on the scale keep getting smaller, I guess I should stop complaining ;) Thanks for the tips.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    I think everyone's body is different and people gain weight first in certain areas and that typically is the slowest place to loose the weight from my experience. Maybe start tracking your measurements from neck to calves and that will help you see where that weight is changing KWIM?
  • kelfelbel
    Options
    Good point!