Shakes/Meal Replacements

Options
I've lost 10lbs (who hoo) but have been stuck here for about two weeks. I'd like to try some protein shakes/meal supplement shakes for a week or so to give me a boost. Any suggestions or feedback if they work?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only use them as a meal replacement or for after workout recovery. They really haven't affected my weight loss or my metabolism in any way.

If you're hitting a plateau make sure you're meeting your calorie goal and eating your exercise calories. You can also change up your exercise routine to get things going again.
  • xsammiebx
    Options
    I used them once for two weeks and some how I gained weight???? I must have been consuming less calories before then when I was drinking the drinks ???? I would say everyone has different experience's with them.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Watch what type of meal replacement shake you use. A lot have less calories but very high in sugar.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I use nitrocore24 blended with water (or you can use skim milk, but I'm trying to keep the calorie count down), a TBSP of honey, and ice. It's about 260 calories. You can sub the honey for Splenda/stevia,etc. The protein powder by itself is 200 cals, but only 2 g of sugar.
  • lulu64uk
    Options
    Im not a great fan, I would rather have a small calorie counted meal and feel that I have eaten and enjoyed something. I used to find that I would have the drink and still eat - I think you have to have good willpower with these !