new to this

Options
Is there anything here for diabetics??

Replies

• jammyone
    Options
    Hi MJ

When you ask if there is anything here for diabetics, what do you mean exactly?

Diet wise? If so, I'm eat a very high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet that would be perfect for diabetics. The nutrition pyramid is based on primal living. In other words, "if my ancestors didn't eat it then why the hell should I!"
  • MaryJaneRN
    Options
    Good point Jammy
    I dont really know how to navigate this I was more thinking that due to the fact the diabetic get heart disease you have to be careful about fat...and you have to get enough carbs and already today on day one I am almost 600 calories too little and I am not going to eat that now....When you dont eat enough you get FAT and it makes the diabetes crazy too......Now you might think I would be able to practice what I know....but nope I do awful....Tomorrow I am going to make myself drink water instead of coffee and I am going to eat three meals....I was hoping there was some kind of meal ideas for diabetics....You just joined too I see you look so healthy
  • jammyone
    Options
    Well MaryJane,

Fat often gets slammed because we associate it with dripping burgers, kebabs and McDonalds. There is a difference between good fat and bad fat. Mono-saturate and poly-saturate fats come from things like eggs, meats, nuts and seeds etc. These are all very healthy and good for the heart; in-fact it's essential for good cardiovascular health! You have to remember our ancestors survived on a diet that came from 75% fat, 25% protein and tiny amounts of carbohydrate. Only in recent years where we have been able to mass produce grains etc, we have chronic heart conditions, diabetes etc. It's all because of the Western diet; we stuff ourselves with carbohydrate usually 3 meals a day, this causes insulin to be produced constantly and can cause diabetes.

Have a look here - http://www.low-carb-recipes.co.uk/

There's tons of low carb recipes / suitable for diabetics on the internet and you can use the MFP website to track everything :-)

If I can be of any help, let me know or send me a message :-)
  • mmariano
    Options
    Great post! A friend told me about this website and I think it's easier than Weight Watchers.
    What I love best is that it calculates cholesterol and really makes me aware of what I am eating.
    You can better control and makes changes to suit your personal needs.