Healthy Valentines day dinner ideas?

Options
I am trying to find something that is healthy and easy to cook for one! but really yummy and rewarding at the same time ! I was thinking something with chicken....

What is everyone having for V-Day dinner tonight??!?!?!?!

Replies

• nickiejohnson
    Options
    I'm buying an already cooked rotisserie chicken and making mashed potatoes and garlic-almond green beans! A fairly healthy dinner! And I'm splurging with a slice of red velvet cake! It IS Valentine's Day!! :D
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I am making 2 small filet mignons and sauteed scallops along with steamed veggies!!!! Candles, the best china, and a nice outfit
    and the love of my life---makes it all special.

Remember, its not about the food we eat, but the company we are with!!!!
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    We had our Valentine's Day dinner last night, but here is what was on the menu....(super yummy!!)

Beef tenderloin steak
    Asparagus
    Garlic Mashed potatoes
    Side Salad
    (Sugar Free) chocolate pudding parfaits with sliced strawberries and Cool Whip Free

Would have been healthier if we 'skipped" the Mashed Potatoes....but I did a little extra time on the treadmill to have a little comfort food. Totally worth it!!!
  • Mama4Jesus
    Options
    Roasted Asparagus With a simple salad, some fresh fruit for dessert. (you can put the fruit on a kabob, it looks pretty and special for a special day) It's easy and the taste buds are happy.

Roasted Asparagus one bunch
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt-be careful with this, not to much.
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper-season to taste

Oven set at 450, for about 15-20 minutes, or until you like them.

I also use this for roasted sweet potato's, Brussels spouts, new red potato's, and fresh green beans.
    My family loves it.
  • e3slisa
    Options
    Hi there, I make this for my family quite often, its really tasty, easy and healthy.

Ingredients for one (Lemon chicken and crispy wedges)

1 Chicken breast
    1 Potato
    1/2 Fresh Lemon
    Olive oil
    Mixed dried herbs

Cut the potato into wedges (Skin on) and par boil for 5 minutes. take 2 small bowls and grate the rind of the lemon into one and squeeze the juice into the other. Add a table spoon of olive oil into both and a shake or two of dreid herbs into the oil and lemon rind one. Cool the potatoes and return them to the saucepan. Rub the chicken breast with the lemon jiuce and oil mixture and place at the top of the oven on 180ºC / 350ºF. Pour the lemon rind, oil and herb mixture into the potatoes and toss gently until they are coated. Place the potatoes into a tray (if you have baking parchment to line it they crisp up even better) Put them on the next shelf in the oven and cook for approx 20 - 30 mins. Serve with a green salad :)

I hope you have a nice valentines evening :wink:
  • WickedCowgirl
    Options
    Garlic and Parmesan Shrimp with fettuccine noodles. and for dessert I am making tuxedo strawberries. .
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm making meatloaf, garlic baby red mashed potatoes and green beans. Yummy! I made little individual cheese cakes too! They're 200 calories each and worth every bite! (I had one last night)
  • Nwebe1
    Options
    I think I'm going to make pan seared scallops over brown rice (mixed with carrots and green beans) with a hint of pinapple teriyaki sauce.