Polar FT4 HRM ~ Target Zone?

Options
I just purchased a Polar FT4 and have a question for fellow users. It says my "target zone" is 118-155. I'm regularly in the 160-180 range so I'm "Out of my Zone". Does that really matter? The subtle beeping reminding me that I'm out of my zone is kind of irritating. Is there a way to change that?

Replies

• Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the correct target zone, but I know you CAN turn off the beeping, I had to do the same as it was driving me nuts!!! I think you press the center button and get to general settings and then training settings to turn it off....
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You can turn the sound off to avoid the beeping noise. I'm not sure about changing your target zone. Mine gives me around 122-168. Maybe double check you've entered your weight/age correctly?
  • msemejuru
    Options
    You can turn off the beeping. I changed my top zone. Press the center button and go to settings to change. To figure out your real target zone: say your ABC's when you are working out hard, if you can't say them then you are over your target zone. Check your heart rate and enter 10 below that rate as the top to your target zone. Then you should turn the beeping back on because you want to know when you are actually over your target zone.
  • hclayton46
    hclayton46 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yeah, make sure you plugged in your correct weight and birthdate. My target rate is 125-165 I believe for my age/weight. I love my FT4!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My target zone isn't that broad. Mine is only from 142 to 158. I would double check all your settings. I have a Polar FT6. I can go into the setting and go to OWNZONE and with about 5 minute instructions it sets my Target Zone.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitlinxx.com/resources/tools/targethr.asp?m=321

Go to this website and find your actual Target Zone and change it in the HRM. I had to change mine as well. I have a FT4.
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    Bump
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My target zone on my FT4 is something like 125-165, I go over that frequently if I'm actually trying to run. (emphasis on 'trying' LOL - it doesn't last very long) I think it's just giving you the best estimate it can w/o having all the info you need to do a truly accurate target range. I don't let going over freak me out. I just try not to go under. You can easily change your settings so that it doesn't beep at you - they have the full manual available on the Polar website if the instructions aren't in the quick start guide (I can't remember if I found it there or on the website).
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I changed my settings as I thought the upper end was too low. It's very easy to change the settings on the FT4. I love mine :happy: