Staying under cals but going over carbs?

Options
Anyone else have this problem where, because you've ate well, you stay under your calorific allowance, but because you've had a lot of it (hmm) you've gone over on carb/sfat/protein? Will this impact on my weight loss negatively? This doesn't really occur that often, probably once a week on average...i'm just interested to see if it has any effect!

Replies would be really helpful :)

Replies

• missbartho
    Options
    Im often a bit over my protein and sugar allowance, but i have still lost weight. But i think you should less carbs and more protein, just to be sure that you still will loose weight.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Shoot to try and be over on protein, MFP has it set pretty low actually.

I don't worry about my sugar at all, and I watch carbs but don't stress out if I'm over them some days either. Not everyone's body will "Let" them be over on carbs or sugar and still lose weight but if you aren't having a problem I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    It happens to me a lot. I'm often way under on protein too. Just have to find a way to balance it all out. Even with this though, I have still managed to lose almost 50 lbs.
  • katieloui16
    Options
    thanks to everyone who replied :)

yeah, i didn't think it was too big a problem as i can't say it's stunted my weight loss (that i've noticed). i'll just try to make sure it doesn't happen too often.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Anyone else have this problem where, because you've ate well, you stay under your calorific allowance, but because you've had a lot of it (hmm) you've gone over on carb/sfat/protein? Will this impact on my weight loss negatively? This doesn't really occur that often, probably once a week on average...i'm just interested to see if it has any effect!

Replies would be really helpful :)

Because your diary is not public, I would have to say it depends. If your carbs are coming from alot of breads, pastas, and other "whites" then it can possibly have an effect on your weightloss. But if you are sticking mainly to "Whole" grains, and unprocessed foods with high fiber, I would say its not much of a concern unless you have something that benefits from a lower carb intake. (Like diabetes, PCOS, alot of bellyfat...) Once a week is probably nothing, IMO. Same with fats. We need fat, but good fat. I wouldn't go crazy on it, but a little over here and there isn't going to be totally detrimental. As for protien, you have to really consume alot for a while, but it could affect your kidneys. But again, that would be going way over for a period of time.

You can play around with your percentages under goals. If you naturally eat a little more carbs but are still losing weight, you can add 5% and see if its easier to meet your daily goals. I have played around with mine alot just to try differnt eating styles and see what I'm most comfortable with and what still works for me.