chocolate

Options
Ok- it's valentines- normally I would have had about 3 pieces of chocolate by now and it's only 10:30 am. Anyone have any idea how to control a chocolate binge?:sad:

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Decide what kind of chocolate is a real treat and have that.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    What do I do if my first response is - all chocolate
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    What do I do if my first response is - all chocolate

LOL!!! Noooo... you need to become pickier about your chocolate fix!

I address this by buying an excellent quality DARK chocolate and budgeting some of it into my diet on a daily basis. =)
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a day for some good old fashioned will power. Figure out what you will allow yourself today that is reasonable and will still keep you within or just above calories - and stick with that. If you need to wait until later today or tonight to eat it as a reward for being good, and a fail safe to not overeat the chocolate, then do that.

Think about how much time and effort it will take you to burn off a chocolate binge!

The idea of eating some sort of chocolate protein snack is also good. Buy a mini clif chocolate brownie bar or a granola bar with some chocolate in it.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm told that dark chocolate is better to have than milk chocolate because it contains more cocoa therefore gives you more of a choc hit and satisfies you for longer.
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    9 hershey kisses is 200 calories. So, how many calories do you have to spare? Do you know how long it takes to unwrap 9 hershey kisses, and then let each one melt in your mouth? Quite awhile. It will satisfy that craving. Try just 3 or 4, that might do it! I usually see how many calories I have left at the end of the day.
  • rascal21
    rascal21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you like cookie dough, Mrs. Fields makes awesome chocolate chip cookie dough delights, there are probably 20 in the package and only 30 calories a piece. It's a hunk of dough covered in chocolate. My hubby bought me some and I use them as incentives to work out, i get one a day when I am done. :) controls my chocolate craving perfectly!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Larabar has a chocolate chip cookie dough and it is nautral sugar and delicious!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too so I started to buy more expensive special chocolate bars like Lindt, or Chocolove.

My real love is milk chocolate so I buy dark chocolate and it is so rich that I can't eat a lot of it at once but I still get my fix.