disappointed

Options
i am so upset at myself...i met my friends for a drink over the weekend...well, a drink turned to two long islands! the following day, dinner at my sis...i was great with portion control but when i woke up today, i felt bloated!!! must have been the sodium???...the worst part are the two lbs. i gained:sad: ......am i just retaining water??? and how is it possible for me to gain two lbs. in one day???..... please help!

Replies

• julieth40
    Options
    You won't have gained 2lb of fat in one day so it's probably just water retention and maybe a tiny bit of weight. just go back to your sensible eating and drinking and it'll come off - don't panic!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about yet. Its just water retention. Get focus and get back to business.
  • aschultz9
    Options
    water retention from alcohol and sodium. I weighed 4 pounds more this AM then I did 2 days ago. Back at it today, tons of water!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Relax. You didn't gain 2 pounds in one day. I ate chinese over the weekend and was up 3 pounds yesterday morning. This morning, after exercising and drinking lots of water yesterday, it's gone. Don't weigh yourself when you feel bloated. Just get lots of water in your system and flush it out.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    if you drink straight lemon juice it really helps with bloating. Saves me!
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You'll be back on track in no time! Great job with your portion control! Long Islands are my favorite! We have to stay away from those!