crock pot recipies

Options
Looking for something new and delicious?

What's your fav?

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Brisket w/ potatoes and cabbage. I love this, I could easily eat it like once a week. lol

Ingredients

4lbs of Brisket (you can use more or less, it will just change servings/calories)

A whole head of cabbage

24 oz of Mickeys Malt Liquor (I could only find it at places like circle K)

5-6 small red potatoes (or I use just russet since its what I have on hand).

In a crock pot, put in Brisket & Beer, let cook for most of the day (about 7 hours on low...or longer if need be). You can also put potatoes in at this time, depends on how soft you like them...otherwise wait about an hour and then add them.

Don't add the cabbage until about 30-45 minutes before your finished (usually the brisket will be finished, potatoes almost finished etc). Otherwise it gets kind of soggy.

Cut up or shred the cabbage, and then add to crock pot. (You can just throw it on top)

Wait until its done, and eat. You can eat with or with out the juice (I personality like a little bit of the juice thats left on it...more soupy)

Makes 9 servings w/ 8 oz of meat. (so if you want to only use 4 oz of meat probably about half the calories...and more servings) Sodium is really high because of the brisket...if there is such a thing as low sodium brisket then bring it on, but I haven't found any.

Calories: 337

Carbs: 14

Fiber: 3

Sugar: 5

Sodium: 1838
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    put boneless skinless chicken breast in the crockpot with lowfat cream of mushroom soup on top, add about a tb of worcheshire sauce and salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, cook on low for 8 hrs and serve over rice, I like to serve it with green beans also
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    3-4 chicken breasts with some salsa, enchilada sauce, cumin, paprika, chile powder, red peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle a bit of brown rice on top (to thicken) and shred the chicken after a few hours. Makes delicious burritos!!
  • TTLee
    TTLee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light has a great cookbook of slow cooker recipes. You can find it on Amazon.com
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light has a great cookbook of slow cooker recipes. You can find it on Amazon.com
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't have any totally amazing crock pot recipes yet but I like to barbecue some chicken. I'm going to bump this so I can get more ideas for myself.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump :wink:
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I love ribs! I buy boneless pork ribs, cut off any visible fat and place on top of chopped onion in the crockpot. I pour a container of my favorite BBQ sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. My mom adds a little chicken broth but I prefer to have just the meat and sauce. This also works for pork tenderloin...pulled pork sandwiches...yum!

Sometimes, I add a whole chicken to chopped garlic, onion, a few tablespoons of butter in the crockpot and let it cook until it begins to fall apart. Then I use the chicken for different recipes...soup, chicken salad or just chicken and rice.