Getting sick often

Options
I've been getting colds....headaches.....stomach flu..etc. a lot these past two months.
I've been eating healthy, no artificial stuff and losing weight gradually...

Is my immune system somehow weekened because my body is dealing with "melting" fatcells releasing toxins into my system? I read that somewhere...it made sense?

Replies

• EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    bump
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Your body is detoxing - getting rid of all the yucky stuff from exercising and eating well. :-D
  • kpagilagan
    Options
    It's the same for me. I've been getting sick, my skin is breaking out, etc. I read somewhere that it is your body getting rid of the toxins and trying to cleanse itself. I hope it finishes soon! Good luck!
  • jtravis10
    Options
    Are you taking any kinds of supplements? I'd suggest taking a multi-vitamin in case you are missing any nutrients with your new food plan.
  • libertyj77
    Options
    keep your new lifestyle up. It could be toxins. Just keep drinking lots of water and maybe look into getting you a good Probiotic (vitamin/herb) for your immune system. Acidophilus is a great one! It the same active bacteria that is in yogurt (bicidophilus is similar). It will pass in time. Make sure your resting enough too! :-)
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    Also might think of Sovergn Silver to boost your immune system.. Can get it at many health food stores.. I take it while detoxing so I don't get sick..
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you're usuing a public gym make sure you're wiping down the quipment with cleanser before you use it. It could be that you're picking up germs others have left behind on the machines.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Also might think of Sovergn Silver to boost your immune system.. Can get it at many health food stores.. I take it while detoxing so I don't get sick..

You know that your skin can turn permanently grey or blue from ingesting silver, right?
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options

You know that your skin can turn permanently grey or blue from ingesting silver, right?

But you'd have to ingest a LOT of colloidal silver to actually turn blue. I actually use it in my neti pot if I feel a tingle in my nose or have a cold coming on. Works great. I do keep Sovereign Silver on hand--it's an amazing antibacterial/antiviral.

There are lots of other things you can do to boost your immunity naturally though... I'd suggest a daily (for now) and then down to maybe 2-3x weekly good probiotic like Udo's Choice or Primal Defense. Eat as clean as possible, majorly limit sugar. Take a whole food multivitamin and boost your Vitamin D intake to around 2000iu's. Now this is just me, but I also do not take any drugs, ever. No Tylenol, no Motrin, no Tums, no flu shots, etc... All of that has a rather suppressing effect on your body's natural immunity and I'll say this while knocking on wood... I can't remember the last time I actually had a full blown cold or the stomach flu and I have two young children. We also practice a bit of homeopathy for minor illnesses and I am in LOVE with Lomatium Root (by Herb Pharm) for any cold that you may feel coming on... stops it dead in its tracks. And with all that said... food is really our best medicine--we need to nourish our bodies. Raw milk, homemade yogurt, kefir, kombucha, fermented foods, organic meats & fruits & veggies.

"Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates :D