A change on the scale today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
There was a 2lb increase on the scale when I checked this morning! (I know, I truly need to find some self discipline so that I do not get on there daily!!!!!!!) Could this be because I didn't work out yesterday nor did I meet my 1200 calorie intake?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!

Replies

• ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Definitely could be because of that, but in my experience, this kind of weight gone is forgivingly temporary, as long as you're back on track today.

I've also noticed that I have weight gains in the morning (I also weigh daily) if my meal the night before was carb-heavy. Pasta, Homemade healthy pizza, etc., even if I've met my calorie goal AND worked out.

Don't let it bring you down, just get back on track today.
    Good luck.
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    DITTO! EXACTLY two pounds, to be exact! And just like you, I was under my calorie goal (but still over 1,200)....But I DID eat pasta last night, so I'm praying that the gain is just a carb-heavy gain, and will be gone in a day or so...*Crosses fingers*
  • pooh072572
    Options
    My morning weigh ins tend to be more than if I weigh at night, Dr. said it's something about water retention at night? But don't worry yourself, just get back on track with your workout and eating your 1200 calories.
    Hug (I always need a hug when the scale goes up)
  • JuShuShu
    Options
    Yeah, my weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day. I make sure I don't eat after 7:00 at night, and then I weigh in as soon as I get up in the morning, that way my body has had time to do what it's going to do and then shut down for the night. But don't worry, you'll get back on track :)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    It could be water retention due to salt, inflammation from too much sugar, varying hydration level due to hormones or for whatever other reason. Just keep on truckin!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i'm up 4lbs thanks to Boston Pizza and DQ hahahahaha!! It'll go away. Your body probably hasn't digested the food yet and you're still holding on. Give it a few days and it'll go by the wayside.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    With women it can be anything, retaining water, etc......

Today is a new day, back to your plan, drink plenty of water and exercise today since you missed yesterday and the scale will be a "-" once again!

Just try to only weight in once a week, hide it in a closet or under the bed the other days of the week!

Good Luck and We Know You WIll Do It!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I think carbs will do that and sodium will do that. I had a reuben sandwich on Saturday night (can someone say sodium!) with french fries and I had leftover pizza yesterday and I killed an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked this weekend. This morning I was up 4 pounds from Saturday morning (and I burned 400 calories yesterday on the treadmill). I didn't eat 14000 calories over my BMR this weekend (3500 calories = 1 pound of fat). I don't sweat the numbers anymore. There are too many factors involved with weight fluctuation - especially for women. Just keep going.
  • jmecale72
    Options

Today is a new day, back to your plan, drink plenty of water and exercise today since you missed yesterday and the scale will be a "-" once again!

Just try to only weight in once a week, hide it in a closet or under the bed the other days of the week!

Good Luck and We Know You WIll Do It!

I really think that weighing in weekly is more beneficial, just for the fact that there can be a lot of fluctuation from day to day.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    For me, Monday morning is a bad time to weigh in. I usually eat more on the weekends and I find I am consistently up a pound or two on Mondays. Thursdays or Fridays are my best weigh-in days.
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in the minority on the "weigh in daily or weekly" topic.

I find weighing in daily to be most motivating for me. Yes, my weight fluctuates, and might even jump a couple pounds in one day, but it's when I see those couple pounds disappear again after a day or two that really helps me. I would think that if I only weight in on Thursdays, for example, and in a given week, Thursday happened to be the day that my weight shot up 2 pounds, I would feel like I lost (and actually backtracked on) a week of progress.
    To each his own, I guess.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I weigh in most days, and it fluctuates all over the place. That's why I take my measurements - so I can see what's really going on. At any rate, you will have fluctuations, not just to what you eat but also due to hormone changes throughout the month.
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I agree. I weigh every morning.