I am new .

Options
Hi , all , i come here to try this way, since no help from doctors or others. Have been turned down by six bariatric surgeons,
Due to my blood clotting disease, and immune disease, no one will look at me . I have bad knees bone on bone, the doctors tell me not a candidate for knee surgery or any surgery. Maybe if i loose a 100 l bs. Then they tell me no walking or jogging on the knees , the more pounding will deteroiate my knees . I do still work for a realtor. So i don't sit on my hieny like alot of people think. I am from a family that has obesity thru out . My older sister died at age 50 suddenly, Due to enlarged heart. I will be fiftty in two years , and a little scared . I am the baby of my family,.
I have tried diet pills in past, and my doctor wanted to put me on some recently, but the side effects are pretty scary, and for me maybe a little too scarey. well i hope this helps.
I hope this site will help, I see my doctor monthly for my health issues, so i weigh then. I did loose 30 pounds a year ago due to illness. so just going off of diet soda i lost the 30 pounds. I have a kidney stone , and a mass in my stomache, but couldn't do any testing on it . they said it looked to be scar tissue due to infection. but they are watching it . so they said to push water ,which i have never drank so much in my life too disolve the kidney stone. so this is part of my life. I hope i can get weight off. so far last two days doing good.

Replies

• 2MarcoFlores
    Options
    well glad to have you on board do a lot of walking and a lot of water that will help you a lot...
    and look on you tube there are some good remedies for kidney stones using lemon juice
    also you need to lower your calories do away with coke forever and eat whole wheat
    find out your minimum calorie intake and dont go over it ever...instead workout so you can cancel out the calories that you intake
    its as easy as walking for 1 miserable hour a day at a very brisk pace. to burn a good amount of calories and
    save your life..
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I can understand you would find it hard to walk with bone on bone knees.But you have done such a good thing giving MFP a chance.We are all here for you.I too had a lot of knee problems but since I've lost a lot of wt my knees don't hurt no more.So do exactly what goals MFP has given you and I know you'll do good.I hope you'll accept me as your friend.
  • suskatrho
    Options
    I want to try the rec center, just trying to seek the time frame. My doctors told me less stress on my knees if in water. And swimming i love . I have a pool , but cant do much till summer. unless i get back in to the rec again. But i have to regulate time with work. Thanks i look forward to the people on here giving me support.
  • suskatrho
    Options
    Okay now i have been on this MFP for little over a month now. We have done away with red meat, We are cooking ground turkey and chicken anymore. lot of vegetables, Making my family eat the meals, they okay with it. My husbands diabetes level is almost to the normal range , which hasn't for three years. Doctor said yesterday that his A!c is almost to the normal range. His triglycerides are one point to the normal range. So on his point he is doing better than he has in three years.
    Now me haven't lost much , but haven't gained . Still hoping by my next appt. that i will of lost at least ten pounds. I started the phentermine pill. But start off low dose first due to my health issues. And reactions i have to many drugs.
    The doctor told me yesterday not worry so much about the exercising part. , with my legs i keep going, for work, but is a painful, but i keep going , cause i don't want to give to my pain. I staying pretty much with my calorie intake on here with maybe three to four days going off with in the month or so. But I am really trying hard too stay with in it. I have to watch going to low on the calorie intake , due to i am viatamin deficient already in many of my vitamin levels, due to my immune disease, so taking vitamin supplements and increasing more vegetables to our diet. Even my older son is watching bringing food in unless is more healthy.
    My daughter started the phentermine a month ago, and she has already lost 20 pounds. I would loose faster adding another pill , but due to side effects of seizure , i won't take at this time. Will see with the phentertime i loose after getting it to the dose the doctor wants , but i have to slowly increase it. So here is update on me for now.