HCG DIet

Options
Hi all, I am thinking about trying this diet. I lost a ton of weight on my own but I have gained some back and despite all of my efforts I can not seem to get off 25 lbs. I only want to lose maybe 25-35 lbs tops. My question is, once you stop taking the injections or drops will you gain the weight right back? What if you eat only 1200-1300 calories a day and exercise? I also read that the new protocol is an 800 calories a day diet instead of 500 calories? A place by me charges 495 bucks for the injections and to be supervised under a doctor. That's a little costly for me. Where can I get the drops or injections for cheaper? Has anyone done it and had success? I am doing to the Dominican Republic on Easter to see my husband's family and I want to lose some weight by then. I do tons of Zumba and walking, so I exercise daily already. If you eat more than 800 calories a day will this diet not work? Is it harmful? When I was pregnant I actually lost 15 lbs instead of gaining weight at the time. Ok thanks for any help!

Replies

• noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am doing it through my physican and cost is $150 for a 23-day supply. That includes syringes, etc. You might check around some doctors and see.

I am on week 2 and lost 9 lbs my first week. Amazingly, I have not been hungry and cravings are completely gone. If you do a search and search for HcG, you will see a link to something like "HcG - Part II" -- that is where most of the HcG'ers hang out. You can read the posts there and get a lot more information.

Good luck.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm going to read up on this HCG diet as I know next to nothing about it but the first journal article I did read said it had been trialled in a double blind randomised trial and it wasn't effective, it was no different to the placebo. But people swear by it. I, myself, would always go by peer reviewed trials and articles rather than anedotal evidence - particularly if it was going to cost me money.

The full article can be read here :http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1237915/pdf/westjmed00268-0035.pdf Ot is very old though, but so far haven't found much else on it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would just stick with the exercise and healthy diet. On the HCG diet (which is based on one doctor's study from the 1950's, not any new research) you're only allowed to eat 500 calories a day. Even if your body burns a ton of fat, you're not getting the nutrition you need from just 500 calories. And because your caloric intake is so low you can't exercise.

I've done some research on this and it honestly doesn't sound healthy. You're much better off to do it the "old fashioned" way. The only way to be truly healthy is to cut out the junk food. I lost 4 pounds the first week I stopped eating refined sugar. Eating fresh, healthy foods will give you great results.
  • SGomez27
    SGomez27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't think I will try it. I really believe you will gain the weight right back after taking the drops or injections. Once you eat above the 800 calories...the weight will pile back on. I don't want to yo yo like that. Oh well interesting though...
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know alot of people who have done this diet and they have put back on some weight, but only 1 of those had put on all the weight. That was because he went right back to the way he ate before. :huh: Anyway, you will lose a bunch of weight right off and if you work on it after you can keep it off.
    You can't exercise except to walk while on it.
    I did it for a bit, but ended up getting sick from hunger and no energy whatsoever. My husband does it every so often, to get off some weight, but he spends the first week and half dragging. And this is a man who can NOT sit still for very long.