Burn 500-700 calories in 30 minutes or less

kdiamond
kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
If you can do this workout, it will take you about 30 minutes and will burn approximately 500 calories for the average female. I just did this today and WOW, am I exhausted!!

"Filthy Fifty" (Crossfit WOD)
1/2 mile run (warmup)
50 box jumps
50 jumping pull ups
50 kettlebell swings (35#)
50 walking lunges
50 knees to elbows (hanging)
50 wall ball shots (medicine ball 12-20#)
50 push press (25-45# barbell)
50 back extensions (can do on swiss ball)
50 burpees
50 double unders or 150 regular jump ropes

Replies

• Jourdan_Rystrom
    Jourdan_Rystrom Posts: 176 Member
    Sounds great, but I don't know what some of those exercises are. Can you give explanations?
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Sounds great, but I don't know what some of those exercises are. Can you give explanations?

same here! but wow! 50 burpies!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Bump
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    OMG...death! I wouldn't make most of them...maybe I could start with the "Teensey Ten" or the "Terribly Twenty"!!!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Sounds good!
  • i think i'll stick to my Insanity or chaLEAN or Insanity extreme programs that are fun and burn about 900 calories in 45 min. friend me and ask me about those if anyone is interested. ;)
  • kdiamond
    This video should explain but if you have any specific questions just ask!! The reason I love CF so much is because you can do it at home with limited or no equipment. All of the workouts can be found online for free!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozhyom22d3c
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Bump
  • beahawk
    beahawk Posts: 34 Member
    bump
  • fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    30 minutes total?? It would take me nearly 20 min to get through 50 burpies alone, then I'd be too exhausted to do anything else. But this is very similar to one of my boot camp days, when he calls it "50's Day" - 50 reps of very similar exercises.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Sweet holy hell that sounds fun. I think I'm gonna do that on top of the 1000 calories I already burn in 30 minutes with my HIIT elliptical routine.

I just don't have some of the equipment, like kettlebells, but the ones that I can do, sound like something I would love to add to my day.
  • kdiamond
    You can always sub a dumbbell for a kettlebell if you're doing swings! Just an FYI!
This discussion has been closed.