Opinions on Turbo Fire

missyleighRN82
missyleighRN82 Posts: 18
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I was thinking about investing in the Turbo Fire program but I wanted to know everyone's opinion on it. I don't want to spend the money if it is not worth it. I love Turbo Jam but I am a little apprehensive. What does everyone think? Also, are there any other exercise videos you would recommend? I work 3rd shift and its easier for me to do workout videos and I would love some suggestions, Thank you.

Replies

• Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    BUMP
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    I have done p90x and insanity. Love p90x and didnt care for insanity! I am ordering Turbofire today!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I love love love Turbo Fire! I lost 18 lbs and 8 inches in my first round. Turbo Fire combines high intensity interval training (HIIT) with longer rounds of intense cardio (combining kickboxing, plyometrics, and calisthenics). The workouts are set to really great heart pumping music and the program also includes strength training, ab/core work, and stretching/yoga.

Same Chalene Johnson but I think it's more fun than Turbo Jam!
    Sharon
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    I, personally, LOVE Turbo Fire! I've done Turbo Jam as well a few years ago. Didn't stick with it though. I found I mainly did the 20 minute workout in that set. However, I commited to doing the 20 week schedule of TF and stuck with it all the way through. I lost 17 lbs in 20 weeks. It is much more high intensity than TJ, so if you have back or knee problems, you might have issues. However, there is a low impact modifier to show the moves w/out the jumping. The HIIT workouts are short but intense. I like to push myself, so the TF program works very well for me. If you're looking to challenge yourself and "graduate" from TJ, then I'd highly recommend Turbo Fire. LOVE IT!!!
  • I have done p90x and insanity. Love p90x and didnt care for insanity! I am ordering Turbofire today!

Are u willing to sell Insanity? I'm currently using Turbo Fire and was thinking of doing Insanity after...

Thanks.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Love it!
  • Jamaica2
    Jamaica2 Posts: 91 Member
    Love it so much I purchased Chalean Extream and will start that in two weeks. Chalene Johnson is wonderful.

The workouts are not easy. They are energizing.

My body moves better and clothes fit better.

Would recommend the program to anyone who is serious.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    I enjoy Turbo Fire. I have read enough comments on this board that say if you enjoy Turbo Jam you'll love Turbo Fire. All the trainers have their own style and Chalene is pretty awesome. I'm sure she'll be one of the many reasons you will want to continue with Turbo Fire.
  • etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    I'm recovering from back surgery (over a year ago) and I'm in decent shape but not great. I tried TF and 20 min in, I hurt my back so I stopped. The moves were WAY too fast and I had such a hard time keeping up, I wasn't doing them properly....hence the injury. I'm sure once you get used to the moves, proper form will come. But if you have any injuries, you may want to stay away from this one for the time being.

I'm doing Chalean Extreme now and love it.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    If you enjoy Turbo Jam I think you will LOVE Turbo Fire. It is basically a jacked up version of Turbo Jam. :bigsmile:

Keep in mind that if you order it from Beachbody, they offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you decide you don't like it, so there really is no risk unless you wait more than 30 days to try it out! :smile:

ETA: A lot of the moves learned in TJ are repeated in TF, just FASTER!
  • Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input.
This discussion has been closed.