Has anyone seen my wagon?

Options
Have you seen my wagon? I seem to have fallen off.... I began last February and lost 35 pounds. I went into the summer feeling good thinking ...."It's going to be even easier to be active in the summer"... boy was I wrong. First off, work got busy and took over my life for 2 months. I was too exhausted to exercise and of course if I'm not exercising, I don't worry about what I'm eating.

It's now fall and I have no reasons not to, but I'm finding it really hard to get going again and get to the gym. I'm trying not to be negative or down (on the upside I didn't gain back a ton of weight) but still.....

The one thing I have realized is it is the exercise that de-motivates my eating.... I hate exercising and the thought of eating something that makes me need to exercise more is a put off. So I figured the first thing I need to do is log on here and starting getting accountable here first and state my intent. (For me, the two go hand in hand.)

My intent is to a) not let work overtake me again b) get back to the gym and c) quit making stupid food choices just because I'm tired or out of time.

So... I'm back.... thanks for listening.

Replies

• frenchfoodlover
    Options
    Have you seen my wagon? I seem to have fallen off.... I began last February and lost 35 pounds. I went into the summer feeling good thinking ...."It's going to be even easier to be active in the summer"... boy was I wrong. First off, work got busy and took over my life for 2 months. I was too exhausted to exercise and of course if I'm not exercising, I don't worry about what I'm eating.

It's now fall and I have no reasons not to, but I'm finding it really hard to get going again and get to the gym. I'm trying not to be negative or down (on the upside I didn't gain back a ton of weight) but still.....

The one thing I have realized is it is the exercise that de-motivates my eating.... I hate exercising and the thought of eating something that makes me need to exercise more is a put off. So I figured the first thing I need to do is log on here and starting getting accountable here first and state my intent. (For me, the two go hand in hand.)

My intent is to a) not let work overtake me again b) get back to the gym and c) quit making stupid food choices just because I'm tired or out of time.

So... I'm back.... thanks for listening.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Wagons suck! You can do it! At least you learned something valuable about you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It is probably with mine somewhere. These past 3 days have not been good. I am definitely getting it right today though, thank God, I know alot of mine is in my thinking i talk myself into either bad or good choices. I am making sure i make the good ones today. Have had a marathon of celebrity fitness club on all day so i don't hear anything but about weight loss and the importance of eating healthier. i have to get to curves this afternoon cause i did not make this morning i hate when i do that cause i can come up with a million reasons not to go. I feel like not only did i fall off the wagon but the darn thing ran over me too. :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...sometimes the rides get bumpy , just glad you climbed back on!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Ezzie
  • MackynDibsMom
    Options
    I know the feeling, my wagon dropped me off here last friday and I didnt know if I'd see it again, but lucky for me and my waist line it showed back up mid morning on Monday and my seat was still vacant so I hoped back on and reprimanded the drive for ever letting me get off in the first place. I think he gets it now, we'll see.

Just stick with it and your wagon will show back up sometime, usually sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

PS. Way to go on the first 35 lbs! Thats a real accomplishment!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    don't you wish the wagons came with GPS. than when life gets in the way it keeps us on track. when we know that staying on track through life, life is much easier to handle. we aren't as tired, we are calmer, our minds are sharper, and can get through anything.
    time for a U-TURN to find your wagaon. it's looking for you tooo.
  • carak2000
    Options

Why do you think it is that you hate exercising? I actually love exercising, it's the sticking to the diet part that's hard for me. Perhaps you haven't found the type of exercise that motivates your, or perhaps you need an exercise buddy. What type of exercise do you do? If it's not satisfying you, try something else that motivates. Exercise should really make you happy. I used to dance, which always made me happy and now i have taken a major liking to Spinning/Cycling - which everyone should try if they haven't!

I'd be happy to come up with ideas for you to make exercise more fun and then maybe it will continue to motivate you to eat better :).
  • pecksun8
    Options
    My wagon had a broken wheel, so I let it sit there until i could fix it. Thankfully it only lasted three days, now I am back on that trusty ol' wagon.

Hop back on, it's like riding a bike.

Life happens and like everything else you have to learn to balance it.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Why do you think it is that you hate exercising? I actually love exercising, it's the sticking to the diet part that's hard for me. Perhaps you haven't found the type of exercise that motivates your, or perhaps you need an exercise buddy. What type of exercise do you do? If it's not satisfying you, try something else that motivates. Exercise should really make you happy. I used to dance, which always made me happy and now i have taken a major liking to Spinning/Cycling - which everyone should try if they haven't!

I'd be happy to come up with ideas for you to make exercise more fun and then maybe it will continue to motivate you to eat better :).
    [/quote]

I hate exercising because it takes up so much time. I have so much other stuff that I need to get done that I almost feel guilty trying to make time to exercise. when I do exercise then my husband ends up making supper (which is fine occationally, but he doesn't have much range) or I have to put off reading to the kids or helping them with home work, or I have a couple of horses I'm suppose to be training and exercising cuts into their time also. I wish I didn't have to work. It was so much easier when I was a stay at home mom. When I spent all day with the kids I didn't feel quilty asking for some me time.

Sorry you fell off, but we all do at some point. If we didn't they would have never made up that phrase. Good luck. We're all here for you.
  • summer2984
    Options
    Hey french food lover,

You are in luck!!!! I FOUND your wagon! I stopped it just before it meandered off a cliff! I am bringing it back to you now. I even gave it a good long lecture and to beg your forgiveness, it is going to ask you to put exercise videos in your favorite chair so you have to move them to sit down.

Oh-and have you rid your house of garbage food yet? Binging is a lot less fun if you have to actually go OUT every time you want to do it!

Summer :tongue:
  • frenchfoodlover
    Options
    oh god you guys. I felt so good reading your replies. They made me laugh. Thanks for the support. To the question of why I don't like to exercise is because I am asthmatic and whenever I start to get my heart rate up it feels the same as when I have an asthma attack....oh ya and also I hate my belly getting in the way my belly hangs when I'm bending or stretching. I always hate that feeling.