PX 90 / Power 90 ?s

Options
I realy want results and have seen the results others have gotten with these. So for those who are/have done this I need to know if I can fit it into my schedule. Currently I am doing 20 min of walking in the morning. I do this because it is the best time. I have school in the evenings and my daughter has tumbling so I am short time in the evenings. How much time do these videos require daily.

Thanks

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    not sure about power 90, but P90X takes 55 min and if you do ab ripper, 75 min 3 days/week. Plyo and Kemp are more like 55 min total, and 1 day/week yoga is 90min
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    power 90 is 30-45 minutes from the reviews I read.
  • cmw2011
    cmw2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've used Power 90, but not P90X. Neither the cardio nor the sculpt takes longer than 40 min. Don't remember exactly how long, but I got really good results with it. Go for it!
  • Tianadarian
    Options
    I'm doing the lean version of P90x right now, you can plan on 1hr three of the days, 1hr 15min 2 days and 90 min 1 day. Anytime you do thier cardio workouts they are 1 hr, when you do the strength training it is 1hr for the strenght training plus you do a 15min ab workout. I have a hard time doing the full 90 min Yoga work out but I try to atleast do the first half of it.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have a very busy schedule so I started P90 -- I had to adjust my sleep to wake up at 6 every morning but it is worth it. P90 takes no more than 39 minutes depending if you are sculpting or sweat video. Sweat is shorter.

I am only on day 17and after two weeks, I have lost an inch off my waist and 4 lbs. Combined with keeping track of my eating on mfp, I highly recommend it. The workout goes so quick I am surprised when it is time to cool down!

Good luck!!
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Power 90 typically takes about 1/2 an hour for the intro levels, and then there are some later levels that take 40 minutes or so. It's less time than P90X and also far less intense.

If i had to recommend either, i'd say do Power 90 first. It will get you prepared for P90X which is very challenging. I did a round of P90X after going to a boxing club regularly for a couple years (so intense workouts were not foreign to me) & found P90X to be tough - but doable.

My results with P90X were more about inches & trimming down rather than losing weight. I did not change my diet as they recommend. I have no doubt that if i did it now, i'd see better results thanks to mfp.com .
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did Power 90 a couple years ago. I ddn't make it all the way through because of other things going on in my life, but over the 2 month I did it and tracked on here, I lost a little over 25 lbs. The first level is about 30 minutes for the strengthening days and about 45 for the cardio and abs, and go up a bit more on the second level, but both are still less than a hour.