Finally under 200 lbs!

Options
Not sure how to post pictures, gonna give it some trial and error.

165479_6064.jpg
I'm in the gray. This is about the time I maxed out at around 250lbs.

165479_4926.jpg
165479_8556.jpg
Under 200!

Just 10-15 lbs to go! I'm especially proud of all the lost weight when I factor in how much muscle I've actually gained. It's amazing how many nagging problems disappear when you put the proper weight on your frame. Every aspect of my day is easier. Just getting rest when I sleep, and being able to get out of bed at a moment's notice has made all the work worth it. I used to have a re-occuring back injury where some tiny muscle would get tweaked and mess with a nerve at random times. I'm usually okay with pain, but it would literally take my breath away when aggravated. Ever since I dropped below 220, the problem has been non-existent. I used to be bad about pulling muscles, and even had a stress fracture in my food from taking time off and neglecting my body, and trying to jump back into fitness all at once.The difference maker was definitely just a change in sustainable lifestyle. I only eat when I'm hungry, and make it a priority to work out at least every other day as opposed to when I feel like it. It's funny how working out actually makes you eat better, and skipping workouts makes you give up and eat whatever you want. I remind myself of the back pain every time I feel like being lazy and taking some time off.

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! What am amazing feeling, huh???
  • jensbusy
    jensbusy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Getting to Onederland is a great feeling !
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! =)
  • gailosborne
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    looks good, brah!! Good work!
  • susanrsocal
    susanrsocal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job Nathan!
    Congratulations on keeping your eye on the long term goal.
  • dara516
    Options
    Congrats!
  • SARAHWALKER25
    Options
    Congrats! you look great
  • shelbyj72
    shelbyj72 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look Great!
  • DawnBelle
    Options
    Wow! Great job. Congrats to you. That's a huge accomplishment. My husband is about 3 lbs from being over 200. Did your weight loss slow down when you were close to getting there? His seems to be, and he's getting kind of discouraged about it.
  • DawnBelle
    Options
    i meant under 200. :)
  • NathanEHarvey
    Options
    It slows down with every pound you drop. Once I hit 210 I couldn't just run faster or farther to keep the results going. I finally had to change my diet up. (Cooking at home isn't THAT bad it turns out). Soda was also a big factor. Water gets old for me, but even replacing soda with orange juice, vitamin water, or something else moderately sweet will pay off big time.
  • NathanEHarvey
    Options
    Also, my ticker shows the weight I started at once I found this site. Is there any way to change the starting weight to the heaviest I was?
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep up the good work!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You look great ..........Congrats
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WOW! way to go. You look Fabulous. What an inspiration to use that are in the beginning of our journeys. Keep us posted. My BIG goal is also to get below 200. I do agree that the physical troubles are already subsiding with having lost these lbs so far. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!