I ATE the cupcake!!

Missevanston
Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
edited September 24 in Success Stories
I described in an earlier post that I was preparing for a huge weekend of hectic kid events and that most of it included cookies and cupcakes!

I just wanted to write about how it all went. After putting my post out there on the forum, I decided to "go for it" and EAT a cupcake! I did, it was good, and I was super concious all weekend about exercising and calories. As I mentioned, I have become crazy addicted to MFP. Kinda fun too, 'cause now, there are some friends from a class at my Y that have joined too!
I may have overdone it though, 'cause I am not feeling so hot. You know when you feel run down, and just the hint of blech in your chest (like fighting the onset of a cold)? That is how I feel today. Worse, it was "weigh in day" and TOM showed up. Just overall yucky feelin AND it is Monday, and I had my class today. Ugh.

Anyway, on Saturday we picked up the Girl Scout Cookies, and I budgeted 4 peanut butter cookies. I logged 'em, and ate them! I managed to go to the gym TWICE on Saturday (thinking of the Skinny Saturday Challenge from a week before). I got up early on Sunday and went to the gym before the big, all day event.

PEOPLE, you need to know that I was challenged in unbelievable way on Sunday, and I WON! You would all be so proud, I am! There I was at the big event, a volunteer mom, in charge of organizing all of the homemade cookies, brownies, cupcakes, every sweet treat under the sun. There were a host of other mom's there too. Kind of a cool idea for a do-it-yourself-funder. ALL of the participating kids had to bring cookies, treats of some kind etc. We sorted and "packaged" 'em up into bakery boxes and sold 'em for $5.00 at the event. We made over $1,400 just on baked goods!

I brought a Pure Protein bar and drank water all afternoon. Got there at 11:00 and left at 5:00. Did not eat ANY treats, remember, I did eat a cupcake at home, when we made ours. It was not even THAT horrible. I just kept thinking about how great it was that I burned 469 calories before I went, and that tomorrow is weigh in day. If that were not enough, my mom, wanted to take us all out for dinner afterwards. For those of you who live in the Chicago area, you'll know that Hackney's is a great, family place to eat really fattening, yummy food. So, off we went to the place that I dream about their amazing french fried onion loaves, and yeah, I ate some (not a lot) because I still had 1600 calories for the day to burn. But there I stopped. I ate salmon and spinach for dinner, AT HACKNEYS!!

Yes, It was a challenging weekend. It was fun, and I was proud of my kids, and was so glad my mom came for the event. MFP and your support helped me to stay on track, and at my weigh in today, I LOST TWO POUNDS!!
Feelin' groovey!

Replies

• 57gemini
    57gemini Posts: 18 Member
    NICE! I just had a cupcake too, no frosting though!:smokin: :love: :love: :love:
  • WAY TO GO!!!!!

Great job allowing yourself the treat too and not totally restricting it. THAT'S what make this lifestyle change possible! (at least for me). Diets and restrictions only last so long--but the lifestyle change is SO worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!