doing sit-ups or ab crunch

Options
I don't have much variety in my workouts just because I am a little scared that I may be doing something wrong & I might hurt myself. I have been trying sit-ups or ab crunches (don't know if there is supposed to be a difference) & I have noticed that the muscle just above my groin in sore, when I was trying to do my sit-ups it really hurt on that side. I was supposed to do eliptical trainer but it just got to be too late. I will definately have to do extra tomorrow. I really need to do something to tighten up my stomach muscles.

Replies

• jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I find that after I do ab exercises i feel tight and it hurts to laugh or cough etc

SO to stretch it out I do the yoga pose of the cat, it realy stretches out your muscles, I am not very good at explaining how to do it so u should you tube a video of it so u can see how to do it correctly
  • shannontrevino
    shannontrevino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Planks are my favorite exercise to strengthen your core.

You you should be face down on your forearms and toes, as in the push up position (except on your forearms and not your hands). You just hold that position as long as you can with a flat back. I found a youtube video, to better show you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I do both.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Planks are my favorite exercise to strengthen your core.

You you should be face down on your forearms and toes, as in the push up position (except on your forearms and not your hands). You just hold that position as long as you can with a flat back. I found a youtube video, to better show you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

I agree. I don't do them very often, but I believe planks will work your abs better than situps, or crunches.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thanks so much everybody I have learned how to do planks from a friend at work & so with your advice I will only do planks now because they don't make it hurt like that. Thank you very much.