The dreaded Old Navy dressing room mirror!

Options
Well, I decided I HAD to get some new clothes for church. I had recently lost 45 pounds but now have gained back almost 10 pounds so....I can't wear my "fat" clothes OR my "skinny" clothes! My husband and I picked out a couple nice outfits and headed for the dressing room. I took my clothes off and turned to grab a new pair of khakis off the hook on the wall and I noticed a pair of DISGUSTING looking legs in the mirror. They were MINE. It was horrible!!! I do not have a full length mirror at home so I haven't seen myself all at once since the last time I bought "skinny" clothes. I have a lot of cellulite. I asked my husband, "Geez hun...why haven't you told me how bad my legs look?" Of course, he said something along the lines of you are beautiful and so on and so forth...but DID add that that wasn't something he'd ever tell me anyway...that my legs look horrible. I did wonder why he didn't choose a skirt or dress for me...but maybe I'm just over analyzing.

Anyway, the moral of this story is...#1 Get a full length mirror!!! #2 Make healthy eating a change for life...don't quit after 45 pounds. Make it a habit for a lifetime. #3 Spend more time making myself look good on the outside. I wake up in the mornings and am out the door in 20 minutes. You can imagine how I look. I know this would make me feel better on the inside. I'm WORTH an extra 30 minutes in the morning, atleast! Even if I don't "primp"...I could treat myself to a quick stroll around the block or even eat a little breakfast at home rather than in the car!

Love yourself! You deserve it!

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    YES! Good moral. I'm going to try to stick to that plan too, once I achieve the ultimate goal.
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    Aww I loved this!! I mean, not your "cellulite" although I'm sure you look FINE! But I loved the motivation at the end!! I'm gonna try the whole breakfast at home thing tomorrow! ;) Full-length mirror maaaaay have to wait!
  • mommykismet
    Options
    I agree. :) I'm sure you are awfully hard on yourself too, you have accomplished a lot. I'm working now on mainting. It seems almost harder than losing for me! I seem to over do it more now!
  • itskim08
    Options
    yes...the full length mirror is not at the top of my list right now, either: ) I am going to wait a good long while for that! Going through that this weekend was ENOUGH : ) But, one day....about 30 pounds from now...maybe. Thanks for your reply! Means a lot!