Interval Training Workouts

Options
Anyone got any good interval training routines they want to share? Specifically those that can be done in your average gym (no pool or track). I'd appreciate it.

Replies

• lareyna124
    Options
    Try Interval training on the treadmill, walking one minute then running really fast for two minutes for a good 45minutes. if you get too tired switch it up and walk two minutes and run for one minute. I burn alot of calories doing this.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Check out HIIT ( high intensity interval training). You can google it to find lots of info and plans. It is supposed to burn lots of fat. It is a nice change from just running.
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Try Interval training on the treadmill, walking one minute then running really fast for two minutes for a good 45minutes. if you get too tired switch it up and walk two minutes and run for one minute. I burn alot of calories doing this.

Started this last week and had good weight loss last week.....enjoy!!!:smile:
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This works for elliptical, treadmill, and probably a variety of other cardio machines...For a twenty minute interval session (i.e. on the elliptical), start the first minute at resistance 8, the next minute go up to 9, then the next minute up to 10 and so on until you reach intensity 12. Then drop back down to 8 and repeat the steps up to 12. Do this three times, then for the last "set" start at intensity 9 and work up to 13. You can obviously adapt this same routine to a longer workout by adding more "sets" of steps, but keep in mind that the real key to interval training is the intensity rather than the length of time you do it. You could also do the same thing on the treadmill by increasing the speed at which you are running.
  • FitFeden
    FitFeden Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the quick replies! Very helpful.
  • yvonne1965
    Options
    ::laugh: Hey, on the biggest loser, they got on the tread mill and set the incline on 10. I tried it, except, I had to settle for setting the incline on 8 at 3.1. I do this at two minute intervals. What a burn.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    google tabata thrusters. You won't be thanking me later :P