Valentine's Cake victory!

Options
So, one of the guys brought in a HUGE chocolate cake into the office today.

At first, I resisted. Then, I decided that I would allow myself a very small joyful piece. I took a tiny bite. . .

and IT WAS CRAP!

The cake was dry dry dry, and the icing was greasy greasy greasy! Utterly disgusting.

I threw the rest of my portion in the trash. I can't recall the last time I said "no" to chocolate cake!

[and yes, I waited until the guy who brought it was out of the room before I ditched it!]

Replies

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    AWesome! You knew yourself well enough to know that you could stop yourself... and then when you had it and it wasnt everything you thought it would be, you decided it wasnt worth it. What a healthy outlook on life... I love it!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    It surprises me how many times I'll think I want something and it's not as good as I was expecting. Before I would eat it anyway but not anymore. :)
  • meredith713
    Options
    Great job!! :)
    The old you might have eaten it anyway.... and a much bigger piece, too, right?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!