Yippee for Me!

So I just got back from an office BBQ, and I wanted to share how proud I was.

There were huge bins of Eggplant Parm, Hotdogs, Cheeseburgers, and BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.

I took my plate and filled it with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and two BBQ chicken breasts. I skipped the chips and the pasta / potato salads.

They had a bunch of Ben and Jerry's, oreos, oatmeal cookies, etc. I asked for half of a scoop of Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz (which I love) because I would have eaten as much as they would have given me. I ignored all of the other desserts because they are "generic" (i.e. Not really a TREAT like Ben and Jerry's)

I enjoyed the BBQ, but I don't feel sick (as I probably would have if I hadn't toughed it out). I actually feel quite satisifed.

Just wanted to share!

Replies

• So I just got back from an office BBQ, and I wanted to share how proud I was.

There were huge bins of Eggplant Parm, Hotdogs, Cheeseburgers, and BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.

I took my plate and filled it with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and two BBQ chicken breasts. I skipped the chips and the pasta / potato salads.

They had a bunch of Ben and Jerry's, oreos, oatmeal cookies, etc. I asked for half of a scoop of Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz (which I love) because I would have eaten as much as they would have given me. I ignored all of the other desserts because they are "generic" (i.e. Not really a TREAT like Ben and Jerry's)

I enjoyed the BBQ, but I don't feel sick (as I probably would have if I hadn't toughed it out). I actually feel quite satisifed.

Just wanted to share!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    So I just got back from an office BBQ, and I wanted to share how proud I was.

Just wanted to share!

Simply Awesome:drinker: ....and the feeling after is even better than eating all the food and being simply stuffed and miserable isn't it?! Good for you...you enjoyed and have no regrets ...life is good!:heart:
  • Man, I want to work where you work! :devil: We never get cool stuff like that! :cry:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Wow, you did GREAT with your food choices!! CONGRATULATIONS on the AH-MAZING WILL POWER AND STRENGTH IN THE FACE OF FOOD!! :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    OMG! This is AWESOME! I need this kind of strength for this upcoming weekend...can you send it my way??:wink:

Nice work!:drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    YEY for you! Way to stay in control! YEY!!!! FANTABULOUS!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Your my hero.

BBQ are one of my weekness. All those chips and potato salad and baked beans.

Who wants to have a BBQ? Please invite me.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    you rock!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Keep on rocking oh my brotha! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!