Water tips...

Options
:flowerforyou: Anyone have a good tip on how you get your water intake? :drinker:

I've started putting an herbal tea bag - peppermint - in my glass/container and filling it with ice water. I refill with ice/water as necessary. This gives a mild flavor that's not overwhelming or calorie laden. AND the peppermint keeps the breath fresh!! :blushing:

Replies

• Kaybay37
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Anyone have a good tip on how you get your water intake? :drinker:

I've started putting an herbal tea bag - peppermint - in my glass/container and filling it with ice water. I refill with ice/water as necessary. This gives a mild flavor that's not overwhelming or calorie laden. AND the peppermint keeps the breath fresh!! :blushing:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I always take a bottle of water with me whenever I got in the car. The bottle always is gone when I get where I am going. I also don't let myself have the next meal until I drink a bottle of water. That pretty much does the trick for me.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    We live in a semi-rural area. I usually take 2 bottles of water with me. One for the ride to wherever I am going and one for the ride home. Helps me keep water intake up and I don't stop for tea at a drive-up.... :happy:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like water... but I always tend to drink just a little more when I put a little Crystal Lite in it. Adds a little flavor and isn't calorie loaded...
  • PishPish97
    Options
    Are these Icetea bags? Lipton has ice tea bags, but they are not flavored. Sometimes I use those with a splenda. This helps mask the city water taste, but I want to quit using splenda (the tea is nasty without it). I love green tea, but can't find any ice tea bags in that particular flavor. Can I put a tea bag in my ice water, even though it's not an ice tea bag?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand water on its own unless it's spring water.
    The tap water in my part of the world (Brighton, UK) is chalky and foul!!!
    I filter the tap water, then add no added sugar squash - such as lemon, orange or blackcurrant.

I love Lipton Iced Tea, but have never seen these tea bags - might have to have a look around town :smile:
    I love drinking lemon tea, I have this at least twice a day, and I limit my normal tea to 2 cups a day maximum.
    I occassionally drink Blackcurrant tea, or cherry tea.

Currently, I am trying - very hard, to overcome my craving for fizzy - even thoguh it's the zero cal type, I feel very bloated after a while from drinking it, but sometimes, it seems the only thing to quench my thirst.

Jackie xx
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    I imagine you could use any tea bag .. whatever you like. The ones I use aren't the ice tea Lipton bags, but why not? I've used regular black tea, too, but mostly herbal.

Ok. I went and raided my cupboard. Right now, there is black, Lipton White Tea with Island Mango&Peach, and a green box called Stash Premium Peppermint Herbal Tea. The Mango/peach stuff is cool because it comes in a little pyramid bag...it's just kinda cute. :blushing:

This idea isn't going to make you a cup of tea but just add a little flavor to the water.

LOVE taking water in the car idea. :happy: I sometimes do and sometimes don't, but I think I'll make it a priority. Just one more way.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I do when I get up in the morning is get me a bottle of water. I have a little fridge right next to my door on my dresser and I put water in it. I just grab and so I have one bottle of water down before I even start my workout and then of I course I do a workout after getting my kids on the bus and I usually drink another one either during it of after it.

Connie