I love this program!

Options
I came across this iphone app on 2/4/11 while I was out to lunch with my husband and a friend. The friend was sitting across from us at the booth and behind her was a mirror.... when my food arrived, I saw myself shoving food in my fat face and that was pretty much all it took. I pushed the plate away from me and searched my iphone for help. I found this app and it really has changed my life. I have myself at 1200 calories a day, but after I walk I am averaging around 850 a day. In the last 10 days I have dropped 7 pounds from just being aware of where I am through the days. I started at 221 and I would love to see 160 again.... :-)

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a new start and and a healthier you!

Watch going below the 1200 calories per day.....
  • Heatherhill
    Heatherhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. I started in January 2011 at 224lbs, and I'm aiming for 160lbs. So far even though I'm aiming for 1lb/week, I have managed quite a bit more. Al ot of that may be water retention, but hey! I feel good, I'm definitely seeing the difference, and my waistline is shrinking so booyah! Thumbs up and carry on. This week I've not lost much, but thats fine, you just keep at it. Eat healthily and mkae sure you get excercise even if its just going for a power walk! :)

Good luck to everyone, don't get discouraged and keep on trying your best! :)
  • susanrsocal
    susanrsocal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Glad you're motivated and congratulations on your results!!
    I hope your calories are not too low to maintain for the long term.
  • spicegourmet
    spicegourmet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Coool! I love this too, for the same reason. I started on the 2nd of Feb., my start was 215, I'm travelling a lot right now, so although these different scales I'm on go from 213 to 216, I'm sceptical about having lost any weight yet, but my stomach's gone in, so somethings surely happening. My short term goal is to lose 15 pounds, aim for a long term goal of 160. Sound a bit like you and "Heatherhill" on this post!

Keep it up, and stay in touch!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome! I love MFP too!