C25K (Couch to 5 K)

Options
I am starting a C25K on March 1st, if anyone would like to join me I would love, you can friend me and watch for my posts. I will post what needs to be done each week and we can support and motivate each other on the posts. I also have a group on Facebook for this if you want to join. I will be running the program at the same time on both sites....thanks all.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_195693117124947&ap=1

Replies

• EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just completed C25K yesterday good luck!!! If you happen to have an Iphone or Ipod touch I totally recommend the apps that tell you when to run and walk. it really helped me out and I was more focused on running than paying attention to a watch!! I started out C25K not being about to run for like 5 minutes, and now i can run for 30!!!!
  • cheangela
    Options
    Woot! Happy running!!
  • Erica9903
    Options
    I will start it that day too!! I downloaded the app to my iPhone the other day and I'm going o download my playlist this week. I'm excited about it! Thanks for your post...nice to have somebody start on the same day and keep me accountable :) Good Luck :smile:
  • realredhead
    Options
    Hi!!
    I am restarting that day too.
    I just finished my third half marathon and having some major foot issues, so I'm laying off for a couple of weeks and restarting so I can build up speed!
    GOOD LUCK!!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about starting this too. Thanks gonnaloseit2011!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know a few MFPals that are looking to start this as well so I'll pass along the thread. You're going to love it! :bigsmile:
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started this as well. So far I have completed week 1 day 2.... woo hooo... for me that is a big deal ( I am FAR from running material). I am bound and determined to finish a 5K by this year's end. Now is as good as time as any to get started, right? So, I'm with ya!!! 5k here we come :)
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in with you. I'm definitely NOT a runner. I'm the person on the treadmill that sounds like Godzilla is coming to town. I definitely dunno the meaning of "light on your feet". I've had an affinity towards running since I was a kid when they made us run the mile in PE. But one of my goals is to understand the runner's high I've heard so much about. I ran/jogged for 1 minute today and I felt like I was going to die! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up. I'm looking forward to being inspired by each of you! :)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I think I migh join. I have run in the past but ended up with major leg/feet issues so I stopped. I am thinking about barefoot running, it is supose to help with your form. Of course all on the treadmill.
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just started on Sunday... but I'll keep an eye out, here!!! :bigsmile:
  • cheppy
    cheppy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to start with you in march
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give it a try, I'm not sure if I could complete it. I have knee issues so running is a bit of a pain sometimes but, I will give it my best, that's for sure.
  • Willstephens1
    Willstephens1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started mine on Sunday. Week 1 day 1. I had a few problems with the Android app keep pausing when my phone went to sleep so if you are going to use this i would recommend testing it first (i think mine was cuased by Poweramp MP3 player app but not sure).

I also used Sportypal (free app for Android and Iphone) that uses GPS to map out your run, which you can then view and share online. Here's my run from Sunday.

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/911974?key=56326bc1f3076f9ce2e257442c55c276eefea03a&ms=1

Good luck everyone
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just started mine on Sunday. Week 1 day 1. I had a few problems with the Android app keep pausing when my phone went to sleep so if you are going to use this i would recommend testing it first (i think mine was cuased by Poweramp MP3 player app but not sure).

I also used Sportypal (free app for Android and Iphone) that uses GPS to map out your run, which you can then view and share online. Here's my run from Sunday.

Ooh! Android apps? Sweet!

(I grabbed my iPod and used the British one, but once I'm off the treadmill and running outside, I may just try the Droid!)

btw... maybe you could change your settings so that it doesn't go to sleep?
  • Willstephens1
    Options
    btw... maybe you could change your settings so that it doesn't go to sleep?

I'm failry sure it was the PowerAmp MP3 app that was doing something funky to the lock screen. I've uninstalled that now.

The problem with the phone not going to sleep is that it's in my pocket with the screen on and i'd probably end up pressing all sorts of buttons whilst running.

I'm aiming at doing day 2 either tonight or tomorrow night so i'll let you know how the app goes. But if you are running outside i'd definately look at using Sportypal, it's brilliant.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Should still work even if it's sleeping, so it's likely another program interfering with the app. Try closing all your other applications before you start. That could help! If you've got unlimited data, try shutting off your wifi, as well. That helps with GPS and keeps your phone from "searching" needlessly for a signal. I know I use RunKeeper to track my miles and I have had a number if issues over time. It's just a matter of figuring what works !
  • zimzim23
    zimzim23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I'll start that day too :)
  • wilder94us
    wilder94us Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join also.....
  • Willstephens1
    Options
    Should still work even if it's sleeping, so it's likely another program interfering with the app. Try closing all your other applications before you start. That could help! If you've got unlimited data, try shutting off your wifi, as well. That helps with GPS and keeps your phone from "searching" needlessly for a signal. I know I use RunKeeper to track my miles and I have had a number if issues over time. It's just a matter of figuring what works !

I did day 2 tonight and the app was much better. I left the C25K app on screen and pressed standby and it kept running as it should. I did manage to lose it near the end as i was messing with my phone to try and figure out why the music had stopped but that's my fault. And sportypal works in the background perfectly.

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/916222?key=e77d4d5d502f095b78a319f71a3979d9257f60d4&ms=1

Anyway i am going to stop hijacking this thread, good luck to everyone that is starting C25K.
  • meagalayne
    Options

I did day 2 tonight and the app was much better. I left the C25K app on screen and pressed standby and it kept running as it should. I did manage to lose it near the end as i was messing with my phone to try and figure out why the music had stopped but that's my fault. And sportypal works in the background perfectly.

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/916222?key=e77d4d5d502f095b78a319f71a3979d9257f60d4&ms=1

Anyway i am going to stop hijacking this thread, good luck to everyone that is starting C25K.
    Great run and LOVE the app! I use RunKeeper and the activity/stats look like this: http://runkeeper.com/user/MeagAlayne/activity/25895829

Just a comparison for those of you looking for running apps for your phones. I know that the iPhone has all kinds of neat apps, and my boyfriend has a Blackberry with an Addidas running app - all totally free!

And since I'm already a runner and not starting C25K, I'll stop hijacking this thread as well :wink: Good luck to all you future runners!