help

Options
Hello all,

I have had success in losing weight. I was down to a size 7/8 and now I am back up to a size 12/14. I have had problems with my Thyroid and I have a goiter (sp?). I do not take medicine anymore b/c the doctor I went to said it was borderline. I just feel so fat again. My husband and friends tell me I look healthy still and I am not overweight but once you get small you want to remain that way. I have been exercising and counting my calories since October and I feel like I have not seen any results. My smaller jeans do not fit any better and I just feel like giving up. Any advice from anyone? Should I try South Beach diet? Or some other diet? Is restricting cards and sugar the best way to get rid of belly fat? That is where I hold all my weight..it's awful. I used to be a size 18/20 and was well over 200 lbs so I am still smaller but I just can't figure out what to do to get my body to start losing weight again. I do zumba for 45-60 minutes a day or walk away the lbs for 1 hour. I used to go to a gym and do eliptical and walk on a treadmill , but it did get boring after a while. Maybe I should go back to that? Thanks for any help and thanks for listening to me complain. ha

Replies

• jlewis121186
    Options
    as far as the elliptical etc getting boring, i take my kindle to the gym with me and i read the whole hour away...it has really helped, i rarely feel like stopping when i am reading. dont give up though, give your body the calories it needs and the water it needs to get you where you want to be...
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Maybe try reading a book on adrenal fatigue and getting your hormones checked. When I got these things in balance, it made a world of difference for me. I followed Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan and loved it. The hormone testing was salvia not blood and much more accurate.