Pregnant!

Options
I wasn't sure where to post this... But this seemed good. I found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant, and just made the news public today. So obviously, losing weight is out of the question for now, which is fine, because I was only 2 lbs from my goal when I found out :) I am due September 27th, and I was hoping to find other pregnant Moms on here, maybe with due dates close to mine? And maybe who also have a similar amount to gain? For me its 25-35 lbs. And here's a little tidbit of helpful info- Being pregnant does not mean we can eat everything in sight! Actually, for a woman who is in a healthy weight range, you only need about 100 extra calories above your maintenance calories in your first trimester (and you definitely need to eat more if you exercise). And the recommended weight gain for a healthy-weight woman in the first tri is only 0-5 lbs. Not exactly the "eating for two" that everyone expects. So I hope I can find other Moms who want to encourage each other to gain responsibly, exercise regularly, eat healthy, and stay strong- because its more important now than ever before! :flowerforyou: So feel free to add me, other expectant Mommies (please send along a message so I know why you are adding me)!!

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Congrats and good luck. I went on a free for all when I was pregnant gaining 60lbs...:blushing:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    search pregnancy February 2011 and there is a group / forum / board thing.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Congrats and good luck. I went on a free for all when I was pregnant gaining 60lbs...:blushing:

I think I gained 40 with my first, 45 with my second. Still way too much for my little self. I am not a very big person, so that looked like a LOT on me.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    congrats! And good luck to you!
  • lauraandmonsters
    lauraandmonsters Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am freaking out excited for you guys!
  • Panda86
    Options
    I am freaking out excited for you guys!

Ha ha, I knew you would be, Laura! :D Thanks!
  • Panda86
    Options
    congrats! And good luck to you!

Thanks a bunch!!