Any advice from personal trainers? Struggling to lose an ext

Options
I've always been a runner, until I got injured two years ago. I still workout just as much as I did (only instead of running 12 miles a day, I run 2 and elliptical about 10, with about 1/2 hr of strength training each day as well.

I'm frustrated because I've always been a healthy eater, and I can't figure out where these extra pounds are coming from. If I drink, it's once a week, and never adds up to more than 4-500 calories. I'm really not so concerned about weight as a number, it's just that I know my clothing doesn't fit like it used to, and I would just like to lose enough so that they fit properly again (which I reckon is about 8 lbs).

Any personal trainers (or anyone..) care to weigh in on my workout/ diary to suggest what I could tweak? Thanks!

Replies

• frankthetank80
    Options
    Whats a rough breakdown of your diet?
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it's public now!
  • cheangela
    Options
    You are logging some pretty large deficits every day. I would add more whole foodstuffs to your piehole :-).
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    You're not eating enough, nor are you eating frequently enough. If you are going to exercise that much, you need to up your calories big time. Some grapes as a snack isn't going to cut it. You should have two snack meals that consist of protein, carbs, and fat. Little Mini-Meals, if you will, of a couple hundred calories each. Also, take a rest day once in a while. You're doing too much and your body can't recover.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I agree, i think you're body is going into starvation mode. Try breaking your meals down into 5-6 mini-meals a day (like the prior poster suggested). I try to eat a few times every day myself and try to give myself some slack when I don't feel like working out.

Good luck!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's tough because I figure I should be eating more protein since I work out so much, yet I'm literally never hungry during the day since I love fruit/vegetables, and eat so much of them. Also, to a certain point, is there not a limit to how much protein your body can process, and then converts the excess to stored fat? I know that I always have a huge calorie deficit, but I do eat a lot.... I can't really imagine eating more than I already do. Plus, I realize that for working out so much I should eat more, but it seems so counterintuitive, especially since I *feel* bigger when I do so (bloated, clothes fit tighter, etc).
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'd say exercise less. That is a lot of exercise. I consider myself exercising a lot and 1200 calories seems like way too much. Your body can't figure out what to do. Don't change your eating, but cut back on the exercise.

As you using a HRM for the exercise calories. I'd stay strength train 3x per week and cardio 3x per week. I'm not a personal trainer, but you're out of balance IMO.
  • pamhann
    Options
    Give your body time to adjust !!